Oasis Prohibition Party?

wesnliz

You book on line, it's under the "activities" section of your cruise planner. Our latest cruise it didn't show up until about 45 days out. But yes you can pre book- you prepay at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on in 24 days and it's an option. It was an option on both our previous Oasis trips which were well after Chicago. Like I said ours didn't show up as an option until 45 days before our sailing date IMG_1487909998.229559.jpg.f441230ccf1b74540ddd0b452c789dca.jpg

We are on in 24 days and it's an option. It was an option on both our previous Oasis trips which were well after Chicago. Like I said ours didn't show up as an option until 45 days before our sailing date [ATTACH]404472[/ATTACH]

We booked and attended the Dec. 18 Oasis party. It was really a waste of money. Only about 20 people attended and it only lasted about an hour. Have heard of other sailings with better attendance and lots of fun. They offered as many drinks as one cared to consume and had some food which looked leftover from happy hour. The leaders had folks play some stupid games and the band only played for a short time. What should have been a hoot was a bust, in our opinion.

We booked and attended the Dec. 18 Oasis party. It was really a waste of money. Only about 20 people attended and it only lasted about an hour. Have heard of other sailings with better attendance and lots of fun. They offered as many drinks as one cared to consume and had some food which looked leftover from happy hour. The leaders had folks play some stupid games and the band only played for a short time. What should have been a hoot was a bust, in our opinion.

Yeah, like I said our first ones were fun. The one this past October was horrible. Staff just didn't care. After 20 minutes they did "photo op" time which was an hour of a chair and selfies and no band. Band came back up, and the crew gave their names and it was over. Saw the bar servers one time in the entire time. No costume contest this trip. Actually sent a complaint in after this one it was so bad

We are on the May 7th sailing, and I have been watching for it. Nothing. I wonder if, since it originally coincided with the musical Chicago, it is being replaced?

We are also on the may 7th oasis sailing and dont see it.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like they might have dropped it. We went on Oasis and loved it. We had then planned to do it on Allure last November. But after reading all the negative reviews for the Allure we didn't. It's to bad because the Oasis was a fun way to kill a couple of hours.

Just my humble opinion but that type of party's success is more dependent on the party goers than the host. We had a blast on Allure but it was pretty lively bunch.

It's hard as party goers to have a good time when after 20 minutes the band takes an hour break with the staff so there's no music or anything but a chair sitting in the middle of the dance floor. I put on 20 parties a year for my job- that's not how it's done. You don't go to party that a big part of it is the band and let them take a break for 80% of it

It's hard as party goers to have a good time when after 20 minutes the band takes an hour break with the staff so there's no music or anything but a chair sitting in the middle of the dance floor. I put on 20 parties a year for my job- that's not how it's done. You don't go to party that a big part of it is the band and let them take a break for 80% of it

You got that right. On Oasis in Dec. they didn't appear to have a clue as to what Prohibition was or when. Very poorly done by those in charge and as you reported very short band time. We were so looking forward to a rousing party. No dice.

We are cruising in Aug on Oasis and it showed up last week when our entertainment options came up in the cruise planner to book.

was it under anything specific within entertainment?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You got that right. On Oasis in Dec. they didn't appear to have a clue as to what Prohibition was or when. Very poorly done by those in charge and as you reported very short band time. We were so looking forward to a rousing party. No dice.

Exactly! I'll take responsibility for my own fun- but when there is no band playing at a dancing event, I'm not going to get up and do the Charleston I spent months learning with no music! We paid to attend an event, I didn't pay for the band and staff to sit down for 80% of it

• 1 month later...
If you go through to book it, it should come up with the date and time. For our October sailing it's Day 4 at 10:30 pm.

Which October Sailing are you on? We are Oct 1st - 8th and it's our Day 4 as well. We think it sounds like a lot of fun!