Dreams of Tahiti-2018

minidonuts85

That would be a lovely compliment and what a fab trip for your 25th! We didn't realize that Tahiti was just an 8hour direct flight from LAX for us. It takes us the same amount of travel time to fly to Florida with a layover in ATL, etc. Figured why not fly to Tahiti instead!

So Windstar, if you are reading this....we are ready to give you money! :D

You will love your cruise. It was a gem. Just a tip about the flight over... Unless you are flying business class, I suggest you fly Air France rather that Air Tahiti Nui. We were on the Air Tahiti Nui this past May. The seats are the smallest I have ever flown, and very uncomfortable.

Texasstar: Thank you for the feedback about Tahiti Nui vs. Air France because I was thinking the same thing. I was doing some research between the two last week and arrived at the decision to fly Air France. The reviews of Tahiti Nui were pretty dismal.

• 4 weeks later...

Do we all think that it is a definite that Wind Spirit will sail Tahiti in 2018? If anyone has gotten word that they will sail for certain, could yo say where that info came from?

My experience with Tahiti ( over 20 visits ) is that the govt. occasionally will restrict who can and cannot sail during a certain period. It just seems curious that WS has other 2018 itineraries out there but not Tahiti.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah - they have the Tahiti dates up for the rest of 2018. They are available on their website. Already have my eye on the 7/12 sailing. That is my wife's birthday and I think boarding the ship that day would make a great present.

That would be a lovely gift! Actually looking at the same sailing as my BF birthday is 7/17.

So I know this has been talked about and I know I've read about it but can anyone just give me the condensed version of when the best time to visit Tahiti really is as far as wet versus dry season? Our anniversary is at the end of March but I don't think this is the best time to travel there. Thanks!!