flash sale

russandcheryl

Is this price less than what you paid? If so, call Windstar and ask; if you used a TA, they'll have to call. Windstar chooses what they want to give you if you qualify. They can give you OBC, "upgrade" your cabin, refund the difference in fare, or give you a voucher for another cruise.

IME, they will first move you to an upgraded cabin, which really is nothing, it's just on another deck. For us, they did this first, then when price dropped again, we got OBC.

Given your rate includes a free perk, the new rate has to be less than your rate minus the value of the perk. For example, if you took bev. package, the new rate of would have to be at least $378 less than what you paid to start making sense ($54/day x 7 days). The value attributed by windstar to each perk may vary. Otherwise I would stick with your price

We did the opposite. We were booked with no perk then the cruise was later advertised with a perk, but it cost $400 more pp. Since it was a two week cruise and we enjoy a drink, we had them increase our fare by $400 and throw in the bev pkge as our perk of choice.

I have found Windstars price model to be so complex that their agents can be mistaken about the details, so be prepared to go up the management ladder if something doesn't sound right.

Btw, question for 6rugrats. When was your last Windstar cruise? If recent I wanted to ask you something via e mail, since there is no private messaging on here.

Thanks

Edited by Nearpost
Extra comment

• 3 weeks later...

We booked our cruise 8 days prior to departure and when we booked, the only cabin left on the Star Legend was only the most expensive regular balcony cabin with no onboard credits or any perk. Phoned 4 days later ( on the Tuesday before the Saturday departure) and they had a much cheaper non balcony cabin available. While they could not refund the difference, they threw in breverage package, free laundry and unlimited internet (which I am using to send this post as we just departed from Barbados). Can't complain on their policy, it worked for us.

We booked our cruise 8 days prior to departure and when we booked, the only cabin left on the Star Legend was only the most expensive regular balcony cabin with no onboard credits or any perk. Phoned 4 days later ( on the Tuesday before the Saturday departure) and they had a much cheaper non balcony cabin available. While they could not refund the difference, they threw in breverage package, free laundry and unlimited internet (which I am using to send this post as we just departed from Barbados). Can't complain on their policy, it worked for us.

Thanks for the reply

That sounds very good on their part. I don't think they are required to honor any price drop that occurs within seven days of sailing.

We cruise on 3/4/2016 it is after final payment will windstar honor a price drop?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes they will. We realized that the fare for our recent cruise had dropped significantly 8 days prior to the sail date. As I had booked directly with Windstar, I called and asked if they would honour their price promise, which they did without any quibbling. As previous posters have said, Windstar determines what they will give you as compensation, but we were very happy with how they dealt with our request.