Clothing Question

stjohnrocks

I think if they are nice jeans, they would be ok. I've honestly never seen anyone turned away for dress code so unless it was shorts or dirty, frayed jeans, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the cruising Tahiti on the Wind Spirit. Great ship. I would call the dress code more casual than dressy. I wore white denim capris one night with a dressy top and my bedazzled flip flops. I did notice that I never had to wear any sweater I brought. The breakfast/lunch restaurant was always warm; the dining room at dinner was comfortable. A casual sun dress is good, capris are also good. For the guys - pants for dinner with a golf shirt or "Hawaiian" shirt were fine. If you eat at Candles (on the pool deck for dinner), guys can wear nice shorts.

No problem I'm sure, its very casual. However on day 1 they did ask us not to wear shorts/flip flops in the lounge/restaurant after 6 pm. Despite this, there were still some people who ignored this polite request and sat in the lounge in their beach gear, baseball caps etc, which was disappointing.

I would not say people wear shorts at Amphora, I did not any on Star Legend last week. Maybe Candles but I understand they are clamping down on the shorts there. There were people in shorts at the Deck BBQ. Nice pants and polo shirt or linen dress shirt for men ( saw a lot of Hawaiian shirts) and summer dress or white jeans/ slacks/ capris and nice top for women.

What Marama is referring to is that some people linger in their day wear i.e. Bathing suit/t-shirt after 6 as they only get ready for dinner later while others get ready earlier and show up at the Star Bar at 6PM in evening attire to have a cocktail. This only really happened at Star Bar and by 7 there was usually no one left in day attire

Sent from my iPad using Forums