GTY Junior Suite / No Availability

eddy767300

I have a GTY JS on an upcoming Brilliance of the Seas cruise, currently the RCCL website is showing all Suites "Sold Out" and has for a while.

Not stressed about it in any way, just curious if this is common as I have not seen it before. I would of expected to have been allocated a cabin with only 3 weeks to go.

Happy Weekend :-)

Maybe you'll get lucky and get bounced to a GS or an Owners Suite!

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though. Good luck!!!

If only there was one of those as showing for sale, I am holding my breath for the Royal Suite if the current occupants cancel ;-) LOL

there are 'always' cabins available.

They might be jocking around who they will offer upsells/upgrades to.

Once we did not find out our cabin until we were at the dock !

I forgot to mention......several times we were given handicapped cabins because they sometimes hold these out until the end...we are not handicapped

We had an ocean view balcony guaranty - offered a Promenade and RCI website showed I now owed all my discounts (balcony and senior) due. Cruise was for Sunday's Oasis.

By the time I got someone in resolutions, it turns out a refund of all charges other than tips, insurance and port charges was supposed to go to my credit card. I was tempted but my husband was adamant about having his balcony.

Tried moving to a new date with even cabin option - ended up having to pay the rate difference but did get OBC trade off.

Princess has a move over offer that is very good for the passenger who gets the short end due to overbooking.

If overbooking is the new reality on RCI, don't believe the rate guaranty. First reduction in ten or so guaranty bookings.

The fact that RCI sees no need to provide a move over cabin upgrade when they cause the inconvenience is disturbing especially when it costs them basically nothing to sweeten the pot to make the inconvienced customer a happy customer.

By the way, about 20 cabins came on the market about two weeks ago so there was an opportunity to book the guaranty and not wait to the last minute.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

We sail Sunday and still did not have a room assignment as of this morning. I just checked now and we've been assigned a cabin.

Brilliance March 02nd. Anyone else have a Guarantee booking and still awaiting a room assignment, the cruise has been showing sold out for sometime now ......

Not like me but getting a little nervous now.

Well we have been allocated our room, we have been placed in a 2 bed suite (TS Cat). I have to say I am very surprised at this as its seems a bit overkill for the 2 of us, I would of imagined them upgrading a group of 4 that are in another Suite and then giving us their room.

I am not complaining for sure and it will be great to try this type of suite out, maybe in the summer we will look at a 2 bed suite when we take along our daughter and a friend.

It will also be nice to try out the concierge lounge one evening. We always buy the drinks package so we can roam around the bars prior to dinner, this will allow us to just add another bar to our fun.