Did I miss something - Chops now $49 pp

Went to cruise planner for upcoming Oasis cruise and saw that Chops is now $49 pp. We sailed in mid December and Chops was $42. At $49 we likely would not go if we did not have C&A BOGO . Not sure where the price will be for it to me too high for me, but I suspect it is close!

I see that 150 Central Park went from $42 (in December) to $40 in the cruise planner for our upcoming cruise.

In December we went to 150 Central Park the first night and it was nearly empty. Second night we went to Chops and it was full. Central Park has a varied menu ( not a set menu as we had recalled in the past) but only allowed each of us to order an appetizer and main entrée. We also wanted to split a salad but it was denied. Meal was good and a different pace and feel from Chops or Giovanni's.

m

Do Royal charge a different price according to each ship we have a cruise booked and the price for Chops is £28.70 which when converted at the rate offered by Royal for adding a OBC the rate is $1.25 to £1 works out at $35.87. The exchange rate is what Royal was offering last week to UK guest wishing to add a OBC to any cruise currently booked.

Went to cruise planner for upcoming Oasis cruise and saw that Chops is now $49 pp. We sailed in mid December and Chops was $42. At $49 we likely would not go if we did not have C&A BOGO . Not sure where the price will be for it to me too high for me, but I suspect it is close!

I see that 150 Central Park went from $42 (in December) to $40 in the cruise planner for our upcoming cruise.

In December we went to 150 Central Park the first night and it was nearly empty. Second night we went to Chops and it was full. Central Park has a varied menu ( not a set menu as we had recalled in the past) but only allowed each of us to order an appetizer and main entrée. We also wanted to split a salad but it was denied. Meal was good and a different pace and feel from Chops or Giovanni's.

m

We booked two dinners in Chops for a March 12th cruise on Jewel and it was $35/pp. Must be more on the larger ships.

$35 isn't necessarily bad, but when you consider it's $35 - $50 MORE than an already outstanding meal in the MDR.... I don't get it. It's not like Chops is some sort of foodie destination. Was considering upcharge dining on our Harmony cruise, but not at that price.

The specialty restaurants are totally NOT worth these prices! Remember, too, that you're not eating the meal for which you've paid in the MDR, meaning that the cost is actually higher still.

I'd rather eat in the MDR and use that extra money to go out to eat at home.

Yes, prices vary ship to ship and even cruise to cruise.

Thinking about trying chops on the Adventure. I see it is 45.85 Canadian (about 35$ USD) per person. from your experience do you think it is worth it

Thinking about trying chops on the Adventure. I see it is 45.85 Canadian (about 35$ USD) per person. from your experience do you think it is worth it

It is no longer worth the cost to us. They keep raising the price and reducing the choices and quality of food.

However, I do read posts here that are very positive, so you should give it a try yourself.

We got to eat at Chops for $20pp because of the 5-night package ($100/5 nights = $20 per night) and even though we loved it enough to go 3 times on our last cruise I doubt we would ever pay full price for it.

Did they finally get to add Chops to AOS ? I know it was delayed during the last drydock due to the hurricane.