Just booked with RC - Bit confused!

poppy05

Hi All,

I have just booked with RC for our honeymoon in May 2016. First time cruising with RC, previously cruised with NCL.

My question - I was told the package I had booked was All Inclusive (including gratuities and some drinks) but I can see nowhere on my booking dashboard on the RC website where it states this.

Any advice??

Thanks

When we booked our 2016 cruise in March we were told that we had free gratuities and free drinks package too (this offer was for UK and Ireland). When our confirmation documentation arrived it did not show them. I have now rang them several times as was told it will take 2 weeks, then 6 weeks and now another 2 weeks before they are applied. Apparently (and unbelievably in this tech. age), they are being applied manually and because of the sheer volume of bookings, they are applying the discounts in date order i.e. 2015 cruises before 2016. I have been reassured that they will be applied in time. I now have to ring them again on 15th May if it is not showing on my account by that date. We will see.

Drewlin - Well I'm going to take your word for that!! On my invoice it does say under the charges All Incl & Grat are 0 so I'm thinking we do have the package.

My aunt is off on Explorer from Southampton at the moment, they got this same deal so I will ask her when she gets back and see what hers was like. I dont fancy having to ring RC over and over!!

Nitemare - I booked this directly over the phone with RC and was told twice by the agents that I was receiving the All Inc package...I was just curious as to why its not showing on my booking dashboard!

That's good Popp05 as ours has the gratuities added as we opted for dynamic dining and there is no mention of a drinks package. We too booked direct with them over the phone and we are not the only ones as on our roll call a few other Brits are also waiting for the grats/drinks package to be added.

Its very strange how they don't automatically update to your booking! I'll ask my aunt when shes back (think its next thursday or friday) and will keep you updated!!

Thanks for your reply drewlin!

Nitemare - I booked this directly over the phone with RC and was told twice by the agents that I was receiving the All Inc package...I was just curious as to why its not showing on my booking dashboard!

This is why I always use a travel agent. Anything looks funny, THEY take care of it, not me. They want my business again as they get a commission (paid totally by the cruiseline), the reps on the phone at the cruise company don't really care as they get paid whether I travel or not.

WE have sailed RCCL many times with OBC, dinning packages, and pre-paid gratuities. Often there is no record on the dashboard and sometimes it takes until the second night to show up on the in- cabin TV. Take a copy of your package with you just in case. happy cruising