Suite passengers looking for some ideas and inspiration

We are well travelled couple with a 17 year old son who have completed two cruises ,one to Europe on Royal Princess ( 12 days Barcelona to Venice) and one in the Caribbean Celebrity Eclipse (14 days Miami to Miami) we need to travel Mid Nov to Mid Dec now as our son is in college.

Ideally we seek out high end accommodation either on land holidays or cruising "if" we find something that suits .We considered Solstice in Australia as we live in Australia but the ship has no large suites available during this period and Aust to NZ had way to many sea days.

I am hoping that fellow travellers may have some ideas as our travel industry advice has been pretty pathetic up to this point( how some of these people survive in business amazes me).

My first thought when I read your message maybe Cunard, can't think of any line more high end then Cunard. We were on the Queen Victoria lovely ship, booked on the OM2 in October. We have cruised Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, Crystal, NCL, plus some other lines which are not around any more.

The older Celebrity ships, the Mercury and Century had some wonderful suites, we were in a Royal suite once would be very nice but not sure they still have these ships.

NCL, while not my cruise line of first choice also does some nice family suites... I have not cruised in one.

Just some thoughts. I am sure you can find some good info on this board.

Happy cruising.

At a quick glance you are not going to find much in that timeframe. The high end cruise lines don't start coming through Australia until mid-December onwards. From your post on the Value for Money thread on the Celebrity forum I am assuming that you would not be happy with most of the other cruise lines that operate here.

Also most itineraries out of Australia will have lots of sea days. NZ is two days sailing each way, the Pacific Islands are two days sailing minimum each way, and other itineraries also include lots of sea days.

There are plenty of online TA's that make it very easy to see what cruises are available, or you could just check the cruise lines' websites.

Edit: You may have left it a bit late to get top cabins on cruises in November or December this year, you may have to book at least a year on advance for those, although it may depend on the cruise line.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Just wanted to mention that neither of the two Celebrity ships mentioned by Pris993, the Mercury or the Century are no longer in service.

Without flying half way around the world your choices are very limited and suites do tend to book early.

If you can find an Oceania or Crystal African itinerary that may be your best bet. You can check cruises from Dubai or South Africa. Your time frame is too late for Europe. Also look at the beginning of the Asian cruises out of Hong Kong or Singapore.

We can fly anywhere to pick a cruise up ,we did look at going with Celebrity again but we generally don't like to repeat destinations and Aust / NZ and the Pacific we have done as land based trips. Perhaps we have grown out of cruising time to start looking at land based options.

Thank You

Unfortunately 7 sea days in 14 day sailing is way to many for us.

Yes. Unfortunately, it takes a very long time to reach Antarctica...lol. I saw a show on this cruise, and once you get there, it looks amazing. But, they really skip over the many seas days.

I saw that Ponant has an 11 day cruise in Pacific, but you said you have already done Pacific.