VAT on board?

pesh_mart

Hello this year we go on our 2nd cruise! Last year was our first we went on independence of the seas around the med. on board anything we brought 20% VAT was added on. This year we are going on board the Anthem Of The Seas its first stop is Gibraltar will VAT be added on to any onboard purchases?

I read when in Spanish waters an added charge is added to purchases onboard

drinks etc...

Appears Brazil is also joining the bandwagon

Can't remember being charged anything extra when we stopped in Barcelona and Vigo the last couple of years. We had Gibraltar and the Canaries also as ports on those cruises and both of those are outside the EU VAT area.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can't remember being charged anything extra when we stopped in Barcelona and Vigo the last couple of years. We had Gibraltar and the Canaries also as ports on those cruises and both of those are outside the EU VAT area.

Maybe the UK cruise lines are not affected but a lot of people report that when in Spanish waters they are now charged the extra tax onboard the ship

Also I think Italy is also doing this

Maybe the UK cruise lines are not affected but a lot of people report that when in Spanish waters they are now charged the extra tax onboard the ship

Also I think Italy is also doing this

Both were on Princess. Maybe we were charged but just can't remember. The only thing we'd have bought whilst still docked would have been a drink.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Both were on Princess. Maybe we were charged but just can't remember. The only thing we'd have bought whilst still docked would have been a drink.

I have not been to that area recently but have read of others commenting on this new TAX & not just at the dock ;)

Lyn