Ferry from Seattle to Vancouver Port

Alamogirl

The ferry would be lovely, but not cheap.

And I looked...prices are not available for flights in June/July 2106, but this year, by comparison, there is little to no difference in price for getting to Vancouver if you add in the land transportation costs to the airfare.

I heard there is a ferry from Seattle to Vancouver. Going on another Alaskan cruise next year and flights to Seattle cheaper then to Vancouver. Anyone have any info? :confused::confused:

There are no direct ferries between Seattle and Vancouver . The only to use a ferry would to use the Washington state ferry from Anacortez to Sydney . Then a taxi to BC Ferries at Swartz Bay going to Tswassen . Then taxi or bus to Vancouver proper.

That's why I like Quick Shuttle. The bus is waiting right there at Canada Place. No dragging luggage around for hours while waiting for the afternoon train, and no taxi fare.

Roz

That's why I like Quick Shuttle. The bus is waiting right there at Canada Place. No dragging luggage around for hours while waiting for the afternoon train, and no taxi fare.

Roz

OP wants to do Seattle to Vancouver. The train leaves in mid afternoon for Vancouver. Quickstep isn't convenient to travel in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

OP wants to do Seattle to Vancouver. The train leaves in mid afternoon for Vancouver. Quickstep isn't convenient to travel in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Quick Shuttle has direct runs from SeaTac to DT Vancouver. $60pp. You have to get off the bus to clear customs at Can/US border.

Edited by sfaaa

Sounds like Quick Shuttle is the way to go. We like to fly Southwest - no charge for luggage so that's why we thought of Seattle this time. So guess I'll google Quick Shuttle. We like to get to Vancouver the day before the cruise.

Love CC always get great responses!! Have a great day y'all!!

Kamloops,

Quick Shuttle does Vancouver to Seattle and Seattle to Vancouver. What do you mean it's not convenient to travel in? I've used it 4 or 5 times and am using it next Friday. What's wrong with it that I'm missing?

Alamogirl, I fly SW also which is why I fly in and out of Seattle.

Roz

Bolt Bus is even cheaper. Only $22 pp from Seattle to Vancouver. But it involves taking city subway from SeaTac to King & 5th in DT Seattle to board the bus and another short subway ride from Vancouver bus depot to DT hotel or cruise ship terminal. All pretty easy to do but not recommended if you are pressed with time or struggled with suitcases.

We want the easies possible, especially dealing with luggage. I'm not a light packer;) This cruise is an 11 day cruise tour so need to go the easiest. We enjoyed Vancouver last time. We walked around and just enjoyed it.A friend got us a great deal at the Empire, great hotel and super revolving restaurant at the top.

Roz I like SW and fly them most always!

We want the easies possible, especially dealing with luggage. I'm not a light packer;) This cruise is an 11 day cruise tour so need to go the easiest. We enjoyed Vancouver last time. We walked around and just enjoyed it.A friend got us a great deal at the Empire, great hotel and super revolving restaurant at the top.

Roz I like SW and fly them most always!

Easiest? The LEAST you can do luggage-wise is fly to YVR of course, cab right to hotel. Are you actually saving over $50 per person by flying into Seattle? Rather, enough more than $50pp that the extra 4 hours plus travel is worth it? We now have fixed rate cabs from YVR to downtown, most hotels are in the $31 per cab zone.

QS is also quite convenient. Picked up at Seatac, delivered to several downtown Vancouver hotels, so if you are staying in or near one of the dropoffs you won't need any transfers at all. Of course your flight might mean hanging around for hours waiting for the shuttle, and the other downside is you must move all your own bags inside the border control post. No porters - driver will put large bags from under-bus storage curbside and reload from the curb. Also you could get a bit of a delay at the border - but with our dollar sucking there are less Canucks shopping south of the border, so less coming back into Canada, queues have been pretty light this year.

If your flight times allow it - mid-afternoon is ideal - Amtrak is IMO the best overall balance of ease and value ($31pp if booked in advance, less for seniors & kids, plus EastsideForHire at c.$25 per carload, plus a cab from Pacific Central to your hotel c$10-15 to most hotels) might be as cheap as Quickshuttle. It's also more scenic, never has border delays - you get your own CBP minions right at the railway station on arrival - and is the only land transport method between sea and van you can get liquored-up on;-)

I've never had to take my suitcase out from under the Quick Shuttle bus and into the border control bldg., but if I had to, I'm able bodied and and would/can do it. QS will drop me off at Seatac and I can catch the hotel free shuttle there. Am staying at hotel I found for $86 US (can't find that price in Vancouver). One way international airfare from Vancouver to Nashville is way more than SW from Seattle with no checked bag fees.

Maybe I'm just naive and stupid.

Roz

I've never had to take my suitcase out from under the Quick Shuttle bus and into the border control bldg., but if I had to, I'm able bodied and and would/can do it. QS will drop me off at Seatac and I can catch the hotel free shuttle there. Am staying at hotel I found for $86 US (can't find that price in Vancouver). One way international airfare from Vancouver to Nashville is way more than SW from Seattle with no checked bag fees.

Maybe I'm just naive and stupid.

Roz

One way to Vancouver? Are you on a one way Alaskan cruise, or round trip from Vancouver?

One way to Vancouver? Are you on a one way Alaskan cruise, or round trip from Vancouver?

Ship leaves from Vancouver and ends in Anchorage. This is a cruise/land tour. We flew into Vancouver last time and Southwest doesn't fly there. So with luggage/4 bags it adds up. We stay in Vancouver one night before boarding. Just thought we would look into something else this time and others had mentioned Seattle as a fly into.

Ship leaves from Vancouver and ends in Anchorage. This is a cruise/land tour. We flew into Vancouver last time and Southwest doesn't fly there. So with luggage/4 bags it adds up. We stay in Vancouver one night before boarding. Just thought we would look into something else this time and others had mentioned Seattle as a fly into.

That's great...but the reason I asked is that, for a one-way cruise out of (or into) Vancouver you want to search for "multi-city" airfare. One-way into most any city on a legacy air carrier is brutal.

"Multi-city" is also called 'open jaw' routing. So you would look for outbound SAT>YVR and return ANC>SAT.

My experience has been that this type of fare is very competitive with the "Seattle solution" that many use.

Just a thought so that you have all the facts. :)

That's great...but the reason I asked is that, for a one-way cruise out of (or into) Vancouver you want to search for "multi-city" airfare. One-way into most any city on a legacy air carrier is brutal.

"Multi-city" is also called 'open jaw' routing. So you would look for outbound SAT>YVR and return ANC>SAT.

My experience has been that this type of fare is very competitive with the "Seattle solution" that many use.

Just a thought so that you have all the facts. :)

Thanks for the info!!!

I'm back, and the cruise I took was a 4-day from San Diego to Vancouver. Quick Shuttle worked out great (again!).

Roz