HAL Ultimate Snorkel

iflyrc5

Looks like HAL has a lot of new tours in GT. Looking for anyone that has done the HAL Ultimate Snorkel tour. It is 2 snorkel stops on a 2.5 hour tour for $60 per person. We have just walked the beach and snorkeled off the beach on previous visits - looking for something a little more interesting. I have an email out to one of the tour companies.

Did this tour with eight of us this two years ago. Great trip. Grand Turk is one of the best dive sights in the world. One of the stops is over "the wall", a 7000 feet drop off that you look straight down over the drop. This is phenomenal. The second stop was in more shallow water, where they feed a Nurse shark. Really worth the money. The only draw back is if you have to blow up your life vest and there is a strong wind. Then you will be blown around if you are not a strong swimmer and in good shape. Otherwise, I strongly recommend this excursion.

• 1 month later...

I think it really depends on what your expectations are. I was very much looking forward to this excursion. While I would recommend it to others, I found it to be lacking in the "wow" factor compared to almost all of the snorkeling that I've done in Southeast Asia. Our guide was feeding the sharks and other animals- I know that some people really like this; it gave anyone who wanted to a chance to pet sharks and get close to other animals. As a longtime diver and snorkeler, I don't like the use of baiting in these circumstances. In any case, I'd still recommend the tour, and I hope to get back someday to do some diving. But I can't say that I was blown away; if you are an experienced diver or snorkeler you might not be overly impressed.

• 3 weeks later...