Royal Palms cabana - worth it?

mmobley2015

It's no safer than anywhere else....The kids will NOT use a cabana....just park yourself in a lounger,...and have a great day! We don't bring much that would be stolen....no one wants your flip flops or tee shirt! I stick my cc and ship's card into the pages of an old paperback....no one want's that, either...and when in the water, you can SEE your spot from the water....not a huge deal.

we carry a coiled bicycle cable combo lock and put it around the chair and through the handles on our beach bag. a thief isn't going to take time to unzip the bag and try to find valuables inside and can't just walk off with the bag. we carry almost nothing of value anyway. as for getting a cabana, we had one in September and really enjoyed it. we were there with another adult couple though so we split the cost. I agree with cb, kids will not use it. value is subjective.

It's no safer than anywhere else....The kids will NOT use a cabana....just park yourself in a lounger,...and have a great day! We don't bring much that would be stolen....no one wants your flip flops or tee shirt! I stick my cc and ship's card into the pages of an old paperback....no one want's that, either...and when in the water, you can SEE your spot from the water....not a huge deal.

Thanks!

we carry a coiled bicycle cable combo lock and put it around the chair and through the handles on our beach bag. a thief isn't going to take time to unzip the bag and try to find valuables inside and can't just walk off with the bag. we carry almost nothing of value anyway. as for getting a cabana, we had one in September and really enjoyed it. we were there with another adult couple though so we split the cost. I agree with cb, kids will not use it. value is subjective.

Thanks!

We will be on NOS in the end of November and booked a cabana. Is it worth it with a 14 and 16 year old who will probably be in water the entire time? Did anyone feel safe having a cabana for your belongings? It looks pretty open.

I would cancel the cabana. Your teens are not going to want to sit at the back of the beach. Rent a couple loungers and an umbrella next to the water. :D

Hey there! My husband and I got a cabana when we were on our cruise in April this year. I was really hesitant to get one as well. But it ended up being totally worth it… There were people EVERYWHERE. We watched them searching for chairs with no luck.

When you have a cabana, food and drink are not included. But, you have a personal waiter who comes around every 30 minutes or so to take orders and delivers the food to you.

Having shade and your own space was awesome!

We will be on NOS in the end of November and booked a cabana. Is it worth it with a 14 and 16 year old who will probably be in water the entire time? Did anyone feel safe having a cabana for your belongings? It looks pretty open.

We will be doing this in January - looking forward to hearing how you liked it if you decide to do it?

We just returned from Royal Palms last week. It was me & the hubby plus another couple (no kiddos), we did reserve a cabana and LOVED IT! It gave us the best of both worlds Sun & Shade!!!

It worked great for us because we had 2 couples sharing the $100 cost! If I was returning to Royal Palms with just the 2 of us I would skip the cabana and just rent the 2 lounges and an Umbrella. I did not ever see anyone have trouble getting a lounger. At the end of the day, the Beach attendants were pulling out extra loungers and you might have to wait a few minutes but not long. We are usually on the beach early and about ready to call it a day before the beach gets really crowded (2 or 3pm)! I'm not one to wait for the last tender (4 or 4:15)!

Just my 2cents ....

We just returned from Royal Palms last week. It was me & the hubby plus another couple (no kiddos), we did reserve a cabana and LOVED IT! It gave us the best of both worlds Sun & Shade!!!

It worked great for us because we had 2 couples sharing the $100 cost! If I was returning to Royal Palms with just the 2 of us I would skip the cabana and just rent the 2 lounges and an Umbrella. I did not ever see anyone have trouble getting a lounger. At the end of the day, the Beach attendants were pulling out extra loungers and you might have to wait a few minutes but not long. We are usually on the beach early and about ready to call it a day before the beach gets really crowded (2 or 3pm)! I'm not one to wait for the last tender (4 or 4:15)!

Just my 2cents ....

Are the cabanas on the beach or by the pool? Looking at the pic, it looks like they're by the pool but the description says that they are "just feet from the sea." I would definitely prefer the sea view vs a pool view. ;)

Taking a bicycle lock- such a great tip!!

We're headed to Grand Cayman in January and are considering going to Royal Palms. Do any of you recall if there was decent snorkeling from the beach?

The best beaches generally have crappy snorkelling. Smooth sand with no rocks or reef close to shore at Royal Palms.

Hey there! My husband and I got a cabana when we were on our cruise in April this year. I was really hesitant to get one as well. But it ended up being totally worth it… There were people EVERYWHERE. We watched them searching for chairs with no luck.

When you have a cabana, food and drink are not included. But, you have a personal waiter who comes around every 30 minutes or so to take orders and delivers the food to you.

Having shade and your own space was awesome!

Thank you for this information.

I just booked a cabana for April. Their website looks so pretty, and it is, but when I go on tripadvisor, I can see the ships (I hate being at a beach where I can see the ship LOL) and it is so crowded. I know the cabanas have their little area roped off but now wondering if I should cancel and look for an AI. I'll keep searching but at least I have the cabana booked for now if I decide to keep it.

Thank you for posting.

I'd keep it. There are no all inclusive in Grand Cayman. Just a beach club with some drinks/food included. Day rooms at beachfront hotels are more expensive too. Personally the cabanas are a relatively good deal by resort standards. I'm traveling with 6 people so by the time we pay entrance x6, chairs x6 and at least 2 umbrellas we are about the same as cabana. At least the cabana will be waiting for you instead if rushing there to get a good spot.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd keep it. There are no all inclusive in Grand Cayman. Just a beach club with some drinks/food included. Day rooms at beachfront hotels are more expensive too. Personally the cabanas are a relatively good deal by resort standards. I'm traveling with 6 people so by the time we pay entrance x6, chairs x6 and at least 2 umbrellas we are about the same as cabana. At least the cabana will be waiting for you instead if rushing there to get a good spot.

Thank you. You are correct. I am just going to keep it. Enjoy your day there!

There are beach cabanas and pool cabanas. We had the beach cabana and it was nice. Very crowded that day at the beach. People were just putting down towels everywhere. Don't remember how many ships were in port.

If we go again, think we would opt for the pool cabana.

We kept the cabana and it was so worth it. The ship arrived later than expected and the beach was very crowded by that time we got there. It was nice to have a place reserved and not have us searching for 4 chairs together. The teens enjoyed the shade during lunch and we could relax in the sun. If returning I would definitely do it again. Weather was fabulous. :)

• 4 months later...

Thoughts?! We are debating renting the cabana at royal palms.. we will be the second cruise ship to arrive in port that day (I believe Carnival and RCC will be the only ones). Carnival will arrive at 8 and we arrive at 10:30- I guess my question is.... will it be super crowded by the time we get there around noon-ish? And thus need a cabana? :D

Thoughts?! We are debating renting the cabana at royal palms.. we will be the second cruise ship to arrive in port that day (I believe Carnival and RCC will be the only ones). Carnival will arrive at 8 and we arrive at 10:30- I guess my question is.... will it be super crowded by the time we get there around noon-ish? And thus need a cabana? :D

If it is in your budget then I would rent it. It was so worth it to us as when we arrived the beach was very crowded!

We will be doing this in January - looking forward to hearing how you liked it if you decide to do it?

UPDATE:

My DD and I loved it! It was her 21st birthday and she was treated like a queen! Made friends with the other Cabana-neighbors and had a fantastic time!!! Worth every cent!:D