Costa coffee on Aurora

Malefage

I wonder if anyone can tell me if they still use UHT milk in the Costa coffees on Aurora. I don't like the taste of alcohol (I know it is sad)but do enjoy a cup of Costa coffee!

A few years ago we were on Oceania and the Costa coffees were great but then a couple of years later went on Aurora and they were making Costa coffees with UHT milk ugh! Not sure whether to buy a coffee package or not as if they are still serving the coffee with UHT milk I don't want any.

That's a shame about Costa and UHT, as was looking forward to decent coffee onboard. Do you know if you can take fresh milk back to your cabin from breakfast, to use with hot drinks? I'm assuming it's UHT milk tots in cabins. Wondering whether to take a container or if you can use a small jug. A first time cruiser, as you can probably tell...!

They may use UHT milk from the 2 litre cartons on your breakfast cornflakes, in addition to the UHT in one's coffee and tea. Such is life. I quite like UHT.

Thank you for your comments. I shall have to try a coffee on the first day and find out if they are using UHT milk. We don't like UHT and if they are using it in the Costa coffee (OH and I love a latte!) P & O will miss it out on the profit of at least 25 coffees on this trip. If I find ordinary milk anywhere I shall have to try and smuggle some into the cabin(You won't tell will you?)

I found i preferred the taste of long life semi skinned to pasteurised :) Not that it matters because my coffee tastes like coffee :confused:

It is my believe that they use pasteurised for bulk milk and fall back on long life if supplies run short.