Cabin location

Hello.

Looking for some advice from people who may have stayed next to the laundrette before. Just been allocated cabin c264 on the aurora. Now location wise I'm really happy but it is next door to the laundrette which is concerning me!

Just want to know if anyone had an opinion on what this might be like noise wise or if it will be rather busy. Granted all sailings are different but a general idea would be kindly appreciated??

Thanks to all who can provide some insight :)

Hello.

Looking for some advice from people who may have stayed next to the laundrette before. Just been allocated cabin c264 on the aurora. Now location wise I'm really happy but it is next door to the laundrette which is concerning me!

Just want to know if anyone had an opinion on what this might be like noise wise or if it will be rather busy. Granted all sailings are different but a general idea would be kindly appreciated??

Thanks to all who can provide some insight :)

Never had a cabin this close before, but from what I have read on here people have not said they have been disturbed by them. Well insulated I guess. Also they do not open until 8am, forget what time they close,so you will not be disturbed at night.

The only thing I guess you may have is increased footfall outside the cabin door as people are going to/from it. Plus maybe talking.

We have been next to lifts. Never heard the lifts, but did hear people talking loudly (it was next to the crows nest on Arcadia).

I have been very close to a launderette, although not exactly next door, and have not had any problems whatsoever. They have set opening and closing times and are not open late in the evening.

I've often wondered if anyone actually uses the launderette. When I suggested to my wife that she could leave half of her clothes at home, and wash the ones that she had worn she didn't think it was such a great idea !!!

Too true, David Owl!!! Mind you, on the last night once I popped along to the launderette to just iron out a crease in my top and met a couple who had washed all their clothes and were both busy ironing them and putting them on hangers.

Apparently they did this every time. I guess they would carry the hangers off and hang them in their car then direct into the wardrobe - and there you are, done. But to me, that's a waste of holiday time.

I am guessing it wasn't you, David ;)?

Edited by Scriv

Since we have 3 days in Venice prior to our cruise (Oceana) and 2 weeks on board I will definitely need to use the launderette to wash our smalls and some garments a couple of times during the cruise otherwise our suitcases will be way to heavy. We are positioned fairly close to the launderette and I plan to put my washing in the machine on my way to the gym (8 ish) and dry it on my way back to the cabin to wake up hubby :). I definitely won't wash anything that needs ironing if I can help it ! I think I will also need to factor in a visit to Costa Coffee for a takeaway too for sustenance during this activity.