Bathrobes

Hello.

I'm looking for advice on the bathrobes on aurora I assume they are the same on all ships just this is the one I'm planning to get one for.

My question is has anyone ever purchased one and if so are they of good quality? Thick or thin? Finally worth £30 for two?

Looking at getting them as a suprise for my OH. I have had use of one on previous cruises but this was many years ago and these where only the ones you could use while in your cabin.

Thank you for any assistance. :-)

Hello.

I'm looking for advice on the bathrobes on aurora I assume they are the same on all ships just this is the one I'm planning to get one for.

My question is has anyone ever purchased one and if so are they of good quality? Thick or thin? Finally worth £30 for two?

Looking at getting them as a suprise for my OH. I have had use of one on previous cruises but this was many years ago and these where only the ones you could use while in your cabin.

Thank you for any assistance. :-)

We have stayed in a mini suite before (you only get them in the cabin in mini suites or above on p and o) and had them for the duration of the cruise (they are taken away at the end).

I have just asked OH, he thinks they are good enough quality that if he needed a new dressing gown, he would consider purchasing one.

A nice reminder of the cruise ..evertime you snuggle into them you can bring back memories.

May just be me, and the carpets on the ship, but I think I got static shocks when I was taking mine off.

If it was static....try taking the robe off with the lights off & sparks will fly! ( first happened to me at a college hall of residence. A group of friends had been in my room & I was convinced they had left a burning cigarette end on my bed...no, only static from the man made fibre bedcover):)

Edited by Ranchi

We had bathrobes and they were very lightweight man made fibre, not a hint of cotton anywhere. They were fluffy though, with a P&O logo embroidered on them in blue.

I wouldn't pay £30 for two, but if they had been a bit more heavyweight with some cotton in them then I might have.

Do you think we would be able to wear them up to the pool Ventura? Are they big enough to fit a larger lady? :o

I am a larger lady..I tended to look like a sack of potatoes tied in the middle:(:(:(

Can't say I remember seeing people wandering around the ship in them.

I didn't notice anyone wearing them around the ship, but since we were in a suite we didn't go around much (apart from to the restaurants and bar!) as we had everything we needed to hand. Lounging around the pools wasn't top of our list of things to do.

As for size, I never checked the size label but it might be a bit on the small size for you, although my wife thinks it should be OK, it was big on her (size 14).

I bought the two for £30 robes last cruise. Its true they are man-made fibre and not cotton, BUT they are very comfortable - soft, warm and lightweight.

They are very nice to wear after a shower and just 'steam dry' in.

I compared prices and a bog standard short fleece dressing gown from a high street store would have set me back more, so I bought from P&O as I knew they were good. :)

We are in a suite on our next cruise. Are you allowed to keep the robes or just for use in the suite?

They are not brand new just washed from previous use so do not think you would want to keep well worn/washed 2nd hand bathrobe.

We are in a suite on our next cruise. Are you allowed to keep the robes or just for use in the suite?

They're just for use in the suite as far as I'm know. I've also never asked, although I'm sure the butler would have told us if they were to keep :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Gymbod

I bought the two for £30 robes last cruise. Its true they are man-made fibre and not cotton, BUT they are very comfortable - soft, warm and lightweight.

They are very nice to wear after a shower and just 'steam dry' in.

I compared prices and a bog standard short fleece dressing gown from a high street store would have set me back more, so I bought from P&O as I knew they were good. :)

sounds lovely sis.

steam dry robes sounds brill babe

thanks for sharing

your bestie