Amsterdam Hotel?

thepoint

If money is no object, or if you have lots of Hilton hotel points like we did, the Waldorf Astoria is incredible. The hotel rooms are lovely (our bathroom alone was bigger than our Uniworld cabin), service is impeccable and they have a fantastic 2 star Michelin Restaurant and a great bar on the premises.

Doubletree is modern and very located for the station and the docks.

The Renaissance in the Museum District is a good option if you are there more than just overnight.

Movenpick is reasonable and convenient. A couple of the lines use this hotel.

We are doing the Viking Windmills and Tulips trip in April with another couple. Rather than spending $$ in a hotel we decided to rent a 2 bedroom apartment on the canal just a few blocks from the Reijksmuseum. For two couples, it was far cheaper than a hotel. There is a nearby market and a highly rated restaurant on the first floor of our building. We rented it via a large only rent by owner site.

The owner has provided us lots of information about airport transfers and the fasted-least expensive-move convenient (not mutually exclusive!) ways to get from the airport to the apartment. The apartment is fully furnished with a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms.

We'll arrive on March 31 and our cruise begins on the 4th, I think...

We are doing the Viking Windmills and Tulips trip in April with another couple. Rather than spending $$ in a hotel we decided to rent a 2 bedroom apartment on the canal just a few blocks from the Reijksmuseum. For two couples, it was far cheaper than a hotel. There is a nearby market and a highly rated restaurant on the first floor of our building. We rented it via a large only rent by owner site.

The owner has provided us lots of information about airport transfers and the fasted-least expensive-move convenient (not mutually exclusive!) ways to get from the airport to the apartment. The apartment is fully furnished with a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms.

We'll arrive on March 31 and our cruise begins on the 4th, I think...

Wow, that sounds great. In Rome, since it was just the two of us and we rented an apartment for a week. It turned out to be one of the best things we ever did. This time, there are three couples and we only have two nights prior to getting on the ship. I am waiting to see what AMA comes up with for a hotel, but I thought I would do some research in the meantime. Thank you all for your help. I did look into the Movenpich. That looks pretty good. We are on a September cruise, so we have a bit of time.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in the City Central for Amsterdam? Thank you.

I just booked two rooms at the DoubleTree in May (one AAA and one Senior rate). Both about 227 euros ($250 USD) before taxes. Online reviews were very good.

All of the hotels used by the cruiselines need to be large enough to accommodate large groups and located on a street wide enough to accommodate large tour busses. If you are looking for only yourself look for a property on a quiet canal if you want to get the real atmosphere of Amsterdam.

All of the hotels used by the cruiselines need to be large enough to accommodate large groups and located on a street wide enough to accommodate large tour busses. If you are looking for only yourself look for a property on a quiet canal if you want to get the real atmosphere of Amsterdam.

This was how we felt and why we opted for The Canal House (http://www.canalhouse.nl/), a boutique hotel right on a canal. Only 23 rooms; lovely place very close to the Anne Frank House.

This was how we felt and why we opted for The Canal House (http://www.canalhouse.nl/), a boutique hotel right on a canal. Only 23 rooms; lovely place very close to the Anne Frank House.

Exactly...I didn't wish to stay in a cruiseline appointed hotel with hundreds of others so opted for a quiet smaller hotel on a canal too...Hotel Estherea...for my 5 day pre cruise stay. :)

http://www.estherea.nl/en/index.html

Edited by 2Canucks

This is always my choice going into Amsterdam after an overnight flight. Easy to take the train from Schiphol and an easy walk pulling luggage from Central Station. No noise in the room and I am a light sleeper.

Second seating

Same here. Nothing fancy but clean and you can go everywhere on the trams thst stop just a few steps from the hotel. Canal cruises also located nearby.

Howdy Everyone,

This is LoneStarCruisnCouple and on our last European River cruise Amsterdam to Budapest with Scenic we stayed at The Toren Hotel rated number one on TripAdvisor and The Four Seasons Gresham Palace also rated number one.

The Toren was impeccable and was located in The Jorrdan District with The Anne Frank Huis Right around the Corner of which if you are planning to go be sure and get your tickets on The internet as the Lines just unbelievable.

The Rooms,The Service,The Food all Top Notch. If you are looking for a Private Tour Guide can highly recommend Toms Travel Tours. Not only very well versed in The city itself but is also one of The Best Travel Photographers in all of Europe and while you are on a tour he has his camera and is catching you and your wife or husband as you are discovering Amsterdam on your tour.

Be sure if staying over in the Jorrdan Distict to go by Winkles and try a slice of Apple Pie unlike anything here. Rated as The Best Apple Pie in Amsterdam. Would also recommend Jewels dinner Cruises as to take an evening cruise of The Canals with your loved one. Guys very Romantic. Also while in Amsterdam may want to experience what is called an Indonesian Rice Table. Recommend Tempoe Doeloe. For The last 23 years booked solid every single night.

If in Budapest recommend for one evening going to Fisherman's Bastion for dinner. The View just so beautiful with all the Lights of Budapest at your feet and if needing a guide Tom Zelenyanszky. He is the guide that is used when The Movie Stars are coming to The Four Seasons. tom.budapestguide@hotmail.com

Hoping this may be of some help to those of you that are trying to figure out as yes the planning is a big part of any trip and yes the cruise is Great but it is the folks that you meet and the friendships that are formed as those are the ships That Shall Sail Forever.

Lisa and Gary

Lone StarCruisnCouple

If money is no object, or if you have lots of Hilton hotel points like we did, the Waldorf Astoria is incredible. The hotel rooms are lovely (our bathroom alone was bigger than our Uniworld cabin), service is impeccable and they have a fantastic 2 star Michelin Restaurant and a great bar on the premises.

I fully agree!!! stayed there in late August before boarding a Crystal Cruise. The hotel was wonderful and we had a birthday dinner celebration in the Michelin starred Restaurant (can't spell the name)...wow!!!

I booked the hotel about 6 months prior to the stay, price was reasonable for this type of hotel. However, the prices have gone up significantly since I originally booked. If money is no object...great place.

Nancy

Howdy Everyone,

This is LoneStarCruisnCouple and on our last European River cruise Amsterdam to Budapest with Scenic we stayed at The Toren Hotel rated number one on TripAdvisor and The Four Seasons Gresham Palace also rated number one.

The Toren was impeccable and was located in The Jorrdan District with The Anne Frank Huis Right around the Corner of which if you are planning to go be sure and get your tickets on The internet as the Lines just unbelievable.

The Rooms,The Service,The Food all Top Notch. If you are looking for a Private Tour Guide can highly recommend Toms Travel Tours. Not only very well versed in The city itself but is also one of The Best Travel Photographers in all of Europe and while you are on a tour he has his camera and is catching you and your wife or husband as you are discovering Amsterdam on your tour.

Be sure if staying over in the Jorrdan Distict to go by Winkles and try a slice of Apple Pie unlike anything here. Rated as The Best Apple Pie in Amsterdam. Would also recommend Jewels dinner Cruises as to take an evening cruise of The Canals with your loved one. Guys very Romantic. Also while in Amsterdam may want to experience what is called an Indonesian Rice Table. Recommend Tempoe Doeloe. For The last 23 years booked solid every single night.

Hi - so glad to hear about The Toren - we booked there for our Rhine River cruise coming up in Aug. - mostly based on TripAdvisor reviews. So looking forward to it. Thanks for the tips - I was thinking about a dinner cruise.

We stayed at Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights after our cruise. Peter, the owner, is wonderful and so helpful. Great location not far from Dam square. Peter had great suggestions for restaurants, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

We stayed at Hotel Estheria - (2 couples) and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

It's a great boutique hotel in a wonderful location! We would definitely stay there again.

Plus the staff is great!

Please check out their website!

The room also included robes and slippers and was better priced then many of the chain hotels.

Hi - so glad to hear about The Toren - we booked there for our Rhine River cruise coming up in Aug. - mostly based on TripAdvisor reviews. So looking forward to it. Thanks for the tips - I was thinking about a dinner cruise.

Morning Cyber Kat,

All I can say is that you and your Husband are in for a very nice Treat. The Toren is so very Romantic and the location is excellent with not only having the Ann Frank Huis right around the corner maybe a 5 minute walk if that you are also very close to Winkle's and The Best Apple Pie in All Of Amsterdam, nothing at all like what we have here so all I can say is if you are out and walking around sight seeing it is well worth your While to stop and try.

Kelly and Priscilla are so very attentive to all of the needs of the folks that are staying at The Toren and one can see why very quickly as to why they are rated number one by Trip Advisor.

Depending on your time that you have but something that is also very nice is to go up to the cocktail lounge that is located at the top of The Double Tree called The Roof Top, the view in the evening as the sun is setting is very nice and the drinks aren't bad either.

If you are planning on having a dinner cruise I would recommend that you contact which ever one it is that you may decide to use and make a booking reservation with them as they tend to fill up rather fast.

If I may ask as to where is it that you are going to be cruising too? Going down The Rhine ,Main, and Danube to Budapest? If you are going to Budapest and have an evening as to spend having dinner Lisa and I would also Highly recommend The Fisherman's Bastion. Is located up on Castle Hill and the view in The Evening as The Lights of the city start coming on is well it is like a Fairyland with all The Twinkling Lights of The City at your feet and the food and service EXCELLENT. I had also hired a Horse and Carriage to pick us up at The Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel and to take us to The Bastion and then take us back to our hotel. What an evening.

Hoping that this may help and wishing you Smooth Sailings and a FUNTASTIC Cruise.

Lisa and I are getting ready to spend April and May over on Maui and The Big Island of Hawaii so no cruise this year but have already booked for The Spectacular South Of France With Paris and Monte Carlo for September of 2017 with Scenic. The service that one gets is just so so very nice with having Limo Transfers to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship and visa versa and The Private Butler as to bring you coffee and Orange Juice or Breakfast which was so very nice as we were in what was called a Royal Panorama Suite all the way in the back of the ship. The Sun Loungers and The Tailormade GPS systems and The E Bikes and everything was included. Not an Empty Glass on The entire cruise and the Private concerts just an unbelievable experience on a Top Notch River Cruise Company.

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple