What items are available in cabins?

Can we expect to find an umbrella and binoculars? What else can be found in a Balcony cabin?
No to umbrellas and binoculars. In addition to what sonomaphil posted there will be a shampoo/conditioner and liquid soap in dispensers in the shower. Edited by IECalCruiser

Things you expect to find in hotel rooms, but will not be found in your cabin:

No alarm clock.

No iron/ironing board, although these are available in the passenger laundromats.

No minibar.

No dirty movies on the telly.

Things you might be surprised to find in your cabin as they are rare on land:

Mini-fridge (dorm-room sized) and ice bucket kept filled by Stewart the Steward.

Chocolates on your pillow at turn-down every night.

A lifejacket.

No alarm clock.

No iron/ironing board, although these are available in the passenger laundromats.

No minibar.

Mini-fridge (dorm-room sized) and ice bucket kept filled by Stewart the Steward.

A lifejacket.

And to add to this list, A safe. Good place to keep passport, extra credit cards, camera, etc.

Bob

A small safe.

An "honor bar" in the fridge, some sodas and bottles of water...if they are in the way - put them behind the TV or in a cupboard (just let the steward know where they are).

No top sheet on the bed...bottom sheet and comforter only. If you want a top sheet, tell your steward the first time you see him.

Metal walls, bring magnets to hang papers on the wall, if desired. I hang our daily calendar, excursion tickets, notes.

Along with the shampoo/conditioner and soap - a tube of lotion. DH loves it.

Not enough electrical outlets, bring some kind of extender, so you can plug more electronics in for charging.

yah. the dispensers are just shampoo and body wash. IMO they stink. Turn my hair into straw! (because I was on an Alaska cruise and wasn't swimming!)

If you can I would bring your own shampoo or at least some conditioner. Be sure to check out the "first time cruising" with more info on what is in the room and what isn't. You might find some tips and tricks for things you never thought of before.

No alarm clock.

No minibar.

A lifejacket.

Well lets see, alarm is replaced by a wake up call service, mini-bars (complimentary) are available for elites and suite folks, dirty movies, hmm, hadn't actually thought about that....., and life jacket, not sure I have ever been in a land hotel where I would have needed one.

YMMV :cool:

Edited by ar1950

There are Princess magazines (never looked at it). You will get a card for picking fruit for a fruit bowl (upon request). You will get a morning room service menu for continental breakfast. You will get your daily Patters usually after 9:30/10 at night. That is very important to help you plan your day. One per cabin unless you request an additional one from you steward...or pick one up from the customer service desk.

There are game sheets in the Library.

Some stewards stock you room with pool towels, others don't.

Fresh towels morning and evening.

A very, very, very small bar of soap, which is pretty good soap.

A shower cap or can request one.

If I remember correctly, I have seen Princess umbrella's handed out on the gang plank when returning to the ship. So you get one while standing in line when it's raining and return it once inside the ship. However I certainly would not depend on that.

Wow, just read thru this whole thread and it took me until the next to last post until I realized you weren't talking about a table umbrella!!! lol I could not figure out why everyone wasn't telling you it would blow off your balcony. Ok, I've had my "blonde" moment for the day!

On Regal this past December, no tube of lotion unless you asked for it!!! And, you had to ask for it each time you wanted one. :mad:

Had anyone mentioned the waffle-weave bathrobes available upon request? They seem to be one size only so be aware in the event you venture out on your balcony! :eek:

There will be reams and reams of paper fliers advertising this, that, and the other.

You have a "mail box" outside your cabin door; your names are also posted outside your door.

Likely no towel or nightgown "animals"...I haven't had that done since the 1980s on Princess!

We just got off the Ruby and I was amazed when I saw the hairdryer. It was so out-of-date that it reminded me of the old bag phones. This is the first cruise where I didn't take my own hairdryer. LOL I learned my lesson. The hairdryer was awful.

We had a tube of lotion, a little round bar of soap on the vanity and inside the shower. There was also a wall-mounted bottle of shower gel and a shampoo/conditioner as well. The bath linens were very nice. If you want extra bar soap/lotion, all you have to do is ask your cabin steward.

Is the Shampoo/Conditioner combined? On HAL and Celebrity they were separate and as my hair is indestructible they were fine, but that combined stuff even mucks up my sturdy locks. If so looks like I will have to bring my own:(

Don't you have fridges in your hotel/motel rooms in the US - where does the mini bar go and where do you keep your milk for your tea or coffee in your room? Interested as I plan a trip over there sometime.

Is the Shampoo/Conditioner combined? On HAL and Celebrity they were separate and as my hair is indestructible they were fine, but that combined stuff even mucks up my sturdy locks. If so looks like I will have to bring my own:(

Don't you have fridges in your hotel/motel rooms in the US - where does the mini bar go and where do you keep your milk for your tea or coffee in your room? Interested as I plan a trip over there sometime.

The mini "cooler" (not quite cold enough to be considered a refrigerator) but adequate is usually under the television counter. There is a false cabinet door usually attached to the refrigerator door so when you open the door, you open both. You can keep your milk in there.

I am not fond of the liquid soap and liquid shampoo/conditioner. It is too easily accessible by previous passengers. I ask for a soap bar and bring my own hair products.

Well lets see, alarm is replaced by a wake up call service, mini-bars (complimentary) are available for elites and suite folks, dirty movies, hmm, hadn't actually thought about that....., and life jacket, not sure I have ever been in a land hotel where I would have needed one.

YMMV :cool:

I wonder if any Texas hotels have added life jackets in the last few days?