Princess 50th anniversary celebration

lauren0309

Just read that this is Princess' 50th anniversary year. Lots of stuff going on if your cruising in 2015. Free tote bags in each room, special menus, love boat disco party, special 50th anniversary deserts, lots of giveaways. I picked a good year to sail! :D

Just read that this is Princess' 50th anniversary year. Lots of stuff going on if your cruising in 2015. Free tote bags in each room, special menus, love boat disco party, special 50th anniversary deserts, lots of giveaways. I picked a good year to sail! :D

You sure did! Enjoy! :D

There is always a free blue Princess tote bag on every cruise. The only difference this year is that they have the 50th anniversary logo instead of the regular logo.

We are actually trying to cruise a bit more this year as we have been enjoying all the 50th anniversary activities and menu items so much.

I thought I had read that there would be special 50th anniversary awards (like the etched crystals) for the three most traveled passengers on cruises this year. Does anyone else recall that? Because we've made it four times now, and nothing different.

Did I dream that?

Just of 32 days on the Star. No one thing really spectacular, lots of nice little touches. Did not see any giveaways other than the balloon drop one evening with some prizes in some balloons.

I'm booked on the actual 50th anniversary cruise in Dec. Princess has not announced anything special but our Roll Call is hopeful about

lots of special events/activities. Even without anything it will be a very memorable cruise :)

Well, any year is a good one. I have been on three cruises in 2015 so far (one long and two short) and the hoopla is exaggerated IMO. I haven't been on any of the Caribbean ones where they have the local menus, but I have had the one 50th anniversary menu three times and have yet to be impressed. The only give away I saw was the balloon drop, but I heard the prizes were not worth the trouble (discount in the gift shop, etc.) There is 50th decoration all over the place, which is nice. If there was a disco party, I guess I missed it. The blue tote bag you always get has the 50th logo on it. As with everything else, I think the degree of celebration varies with the cruise director. I have three more booked for 2015 (can you go to Mexico too often?) including the big 50th anniversary cruise in December, so Princess has more chances to impress me. You will have a great time, I'm sure, but I hope you aren't disappointed in the 50th anniversary stuff.

Got off the Regal last month. We did not see anything extra in celebration of the Princess' 50th year. I think if you were on the cruises with the Love Boat Cast, that would have been much more. However, still enjoyed our 50th Princess cruise with the extras we got. We always enjoy Princess.

We are actually trying to cruise a bit more this year as we have been enjoying all the 50th anniversary activities and menu items so much.

I thought I had read that there would be special 50th anniversary awards (like the etched crystals) for the three most traveled passengers on cruises this year. Does anyone else recall that? Because we've made it four times now, and nothing different.

Did I dream that?

We were the Most Traveled (first time) on the 3 Jan Coral Princess. Received the regular crystal for Panama and the champagne - nothing had anything about the 50th anniversary.

Oh it is far better than that! Half price Mini Suites with substantial stateroom cash to spend! It is truly a wonderful year to sail!:D

In late Jan./early Feb., we didn't notice any real differences other than our cruise cards had the 50th Anniv. info. on them, and other things had logo changes to announce it's their 50th Anniversary. I was lucky to get $50 OBC for celebrating my 50th birthday onboard but they have since stopped that promotion. We went to every trivia challenge and there were no special 50th Anniv. trivia games OR questions.

The things they did differently were so subtle, 3 of the 4 of us didn't even notice them. :rolleyes:

In late Jan./early Feb., we didn't notice any real differences other than our cruise cards had the 50th Anniv. info. on them, and other things had logo changes to announce it's their 50th Anniversary. I was lucky to get $50 OBC for celebrating my 50th birthday onboard but they have since stopped that promotion. We went to every trivia challenge and there were no special 50th Anniv. trivia games OR questions.

The things they did differently were so subtle, 3 of the 4 of us didn't even notice them. :rolleyes:

Check with your TA or Princess about the promotion dates for receiving the $50 OBC or bottle of wine if you celebrate either your 50th birthday or 50th anniversary while you are cruising during 2015. My email for this promotion states that it is good through December 31, 2015. I received the $50 OBC for celebrating our 50th anniversary in January and so far have a bottle of wine added for three upcoming cruises in Oct and Nov.

These are the same elegant tote bags given out previously.

The only difference being that the sea witch logo on the

side is now the 50th anniversary sea with logo.

Love the Princess bags. I always found them to be "meh..." until the city banned plastic grocery bags and initiated a 10 cent per bag fee for paper grocery bags. The Princess tote bags make great grocery bags. Large enough (and sturdy enough) to hold a decent amount of groceries without being so big that the store staff can put in 47 tons of stuff. I've gotten several comments in the grocery store about using Princess bags. :D

There is always a free blue Princess tote bag on every cruise. The only difference this year is that they have the 50th anniversary logo instead of the regular logo.

I have been on 5 princess cruises so far over the years, the most recent in 2011....I never got a blue bag......I'm mad now.....lol...wasn't until my upcoming cruise in November that I found out about the veterans and Military benifits....lol

I have been on 5 princess cruises so far over the years, the most recent in 2011....I never got a blue bag......I'm mad now.....lol...wasn't until my upcoming cruise in November that I found out about the veterans and Military benifits....lol

No bag? That's awful. Have a talk with your next steward.

I can also say for sure that the ships horn plays the Love Boat theme leaving port, at least on the Regal.

But that has nothing to do with celebrating the 50th. It is a Royal and Regal thing since each was launched.

But that has nothing to do with celebrating the 50th. It is a Royal and Regal thing since each was launched.

Really? Are they the only two that do it? Now I'm gonna have to start watching more sail aways to find out....lol

Really? Are they the only two that do it? Now I'm gonna have to start watching more sail aways to find out....lol

When the Royal or Regal is in port near a Disney ship, they have a horn contest, "Love Boat Theme" vs. "When You Wish Upon A Star."

When the Royal or Regal is in port near a Disney ship, they have a horn contest, "Love Boat Theme" vs. "When You Wish Upon A Star."

Better than putting on full steam and playing chicken, like the old days. Do they take requests?