Military OBC Program

mdgary

It took until our upcoming 5th Princess cruise to find out about the Military OBC program. The program is available to active duty, retirees and honorable discharged members.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Credit appeared within 1 day of submission.

It took until our upcoming 5th Princess cruise to find out about the Military OBC program. The program is available to active duty, retirees and honorable discharged members.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Yes its a great benefit.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

D'Oh! I am so very sorry that you didn't know about this sooner. It's a truly wonderful perk. I'm very glad you have now discovered that you can get this OBC.

And unlike when this great program started several years ago, most of us never have to reapply & it's automatically displayed when checking the price of a cruise. :D It saved Princess time by adding it to our Princess account because once a veteran, always a veteran.

I seem to recall that UK veterans may need to reapply but not for those of us in the US.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I seem to recall that UK veterans may need to reapply but not for those of us in the US.

I believe that is still the case.

Princess opened this up benefit to British & Commonwealth personnel a few years back but have not gotten around to making it an automatic OBC when booking.

It may be different for Australian veterans ?

I believe that is still the case.

Princess opened this up benefit to British & Commonwealth personnel a few years back but have not gotten around to making it an automatic OBC when booking.

It may be different for Australian veterans ?

Hi, I am in Australia and just applied this to our upcoming Princess cruise and the email response told me that it would be automatically applied for future cruises.

Hi, I am in Australia and just applied this to our upcoming Princess cruise and the email response told me that it would be automatically applied for future cruises.

Thanks.

Cue for me to enquire why Southampton can't do the same as the US and Aussie offices of Princess.

ACTIVE military personnel are eligible.....

........also RETIRED military personnel who meet these requirements:

Retired personnel defined as

A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service,

B) medically retired, or

C) 100% disabled

Silvercruiser,

There is one more category besides active and retired:

"Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational discharge if within 90 days of their normal separation date in any of the applicable service divisions listed above. Please provide a copy of the following:

U.S.: DD 214. Please ensure that Social Security Number has been crossed out. Canada: VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada) Health Identification Card

UK: Appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD"

Silvercruiser,

There is one more category besides active and retired:

"Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational discharge if within 90 days of their normal separation date in any of the applicable service divisions listed above. Please provide a copy of the following:

U.S.: DD 214. Please ensure that Social Security Number has been crossed out. Canada: VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada) Health Identification Card

UK: Appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD"

Yup, this is definitely the case. I did over 4 years active and 10 reserve. It is a great benefit.....:):):)

Edited by Woobstr112G

And unlike when this great program started several years ago, most of us never have to reapply & it's automatically displayed when checking the price of a cruise. :D It saved Princess time by adding it to our Princess account because once a veteran, always a veteran.

Or Canada!! ;)

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

33rd cruise - Coral Princess, 27Apr. - 02 May.2015, 5 Days, LA - Vancouver, Repo

To verify this, log in to the Princess website and pick MyPrincess at the top.

On the left side click on "More Details" in the Circle Savings section (where future cruise credits are shown). In the Account Summary section click on Onboard Credits tab and the benefits will show a very long expiration date.

I just booked my second ever cruise a few weeks back and was ecstatic to learn that simply because I'm your average run-of-the-mill veteran of military service (albeit 8 years of active duty), it qualified me for this benefit. I emailed in the forms, and OBC of $250 was put into my account for my upcoming 14-day cruise! OMG, a quarter of a thousand bucks in my pocket for free! That's some over-the-top generosity. I'm thinking that should I ever take another cruise - a highly likely prospect -- it will also be with Princess... Thanks folks!

Actually, it is somewhat less than that for serving in a war zone. We sent in my husbands 214, noting the medal he had won for serving in a war zone for 1 year, 7 months and 11 days and he got the benefit. Of course, he has also had prostate cancer - -Agent Orange?

Actually, it is somewhat less than that for serving in a war zone. We sent in my husbands 214, noting the medal he had won for serving in a war zone for 1 year, 7 months and 11 days and he got the benefit. Of course, he has also had prostate cancer - -Agent Orange?

Yes and this is my qualifying category & I'm very thankful for the generosity of Princess Cruises:

"Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or in the Canadian National Defense".

Edited by Astro Flyer

I just booked my second ever cruise a few weeks back and was ecstatic to learn that simply because I'm your average run-of-the-mill veteran of military service (albeit 8 years of active duty), it qualified me for this benefit. I emailed in the forms, and OBC of $250 was put into my account for my upcoming 14-day cruise! OMG, a quarter of a thousand bucks in my pocket for free! That's some over-the-top generosity. I'm thinking that should I ever take another cruise - a highly likely prospect -- it will also be with Princess... Thanks folks!

Yes, once the OBC bug bites...it is hard to book a different cruise line. We took our first cruise on Princess. I found CC before the cruise and learned about military and shareholder OBC, plus all the other ways to get it AND OBC can be stacked. Many cruise lines do not allow that. We have #16 booked, all on Princess.

#17 is also booked on Cunard. The military OBC automatically got credited at Cunard! No forms to fill out, nothing to send in.:D

Thanks.

Cue for me to enquire why Southampton can't do the same as the US and Aussie offices of Princess.

Here I am responding to my own previous message !!!

Princess UK have confirmed that previously successful applicants have to re-apply for military benefits each time they make a cruise booking.

They didn't explain why they couldn't replicate the administrative procedures in place for US/Canadian/Australian personnel.

Princess UK have confirmed that previously successful applicants have to re-apply for military benefits each time they make a cruise booking.

They didn't explain why they couldn't replicate the administrative procedures in place for US/Canadian/Australian personnel.

I agree its not rocket science. :cool:

I agree its not rocket science. :cool:

Since once a veteran, always a veteran, applying once & noting it in our accounts is a cost savings procedure for Princess & it's hard to comprehend why it's still done manually for each UK reservation. :confused: