Princess / Port of Houston / 2017

slavearlen

I realize that 2017 is along ways out BUT, looking at the schedules and reading the Port of Houston website, it appears Princess Cruise Lines drops off the radar in Houston after 2016. The Port of Houston website says "Princes Cruise Lines is scheduled through 2016". Then when I look at 2017 schedules on Princess website, that ship is sailing somewhere else and nothing is showing for 2017. Anyone have any updates on Princess Cruise Lines intentions past 2016 at the Port of Houston?

Thank you Nezmo! Exactly as I expected with Princess. So next question is will someone replace Princess or not. We sail out of Galveston onboard RCCL and love the port and the ship but soooo tired of the same ole ports. No variety at that port. Even Carnival does the same ports. Thanks again!

Thank you Nezmo! Exactly as I expected with Princess. So next question is will someone replace Princess or not. We sail out of Galveston onboard RCCL and love the port and the ship but soooo tired of the same ole ports. No variety at that port. Even Carnival does the same ports. Thanks again!

NCL still is sailing from the Port of Houston.

No other cruise line is scheduled to do so.

That is why Princess has a hard time competing. RCCL and CCL do the same ports as Princess.

CCL does have this fall and again next January a two segment 21-day cruise from Galveston to San Juan and back to Galveston with only one repeated port stop.

I'm not a fan of NCL or really Carnival. That aside, all these ships, regardless of the line, repeat the same ports over and over again. Becomes very boring so all you have left to change is the ship or cruise line you travel on. What I liked about Princess is they used their imagination and offered a 11 day to Costa Rica out of Houston. I really wanted to do that. With their departure, what is left is NCL, Carnival and RCCL doing the same itinerary for the most part. Texas ports are a problem because in 7 days all you have is those same ports. I've posted this before and many gave me backlash for being ungrateful. So I resist saying this except many have said the same thing I say. I have cruised close to 17 cruises and flown 99% of the time and will continue to do so. Many times my travel mates prefer the ease of Galveston but they are growing weary of Cozumel, Roaton, etc. Sounds like we can't change what we can't change. Carnival seems to have more options than RCCL but I'm just not big on the Carnival line. Thank you for your input guys! Really appreciate it.

We have sailed out of Houston 2 times. We were late arriving both times and late both times departing. 17 hours late on one causing us to miss a port of call.

The channel is narrow and busy, which causes most of the problems.

We have told our travel agent to NEVER schedules out of there again.

We have sailed out of Houston 2 times. We were late arriving both times and late both times departing. 17 hours late on one causing us to miss a port of call.

The channel is narrow and busy, which causes most of the problems.

We have told our travel agent to NEVER schedules out of there again.

Same here, I'm glad Princess is leaving Houston. It will free up ships for better homeports.

Same here!

People like to say that the weather/fog issue is only in January & February but we were on a cruise in November and got stuck at port for a day. Of course, then they had to cancel a port. And I saw many people post on same type of issues. It didn't seem to matter what time of year. Never again!