Alaska Cruise Tour and Printable Luggage Tags

msmoger

If you're taking an Alaska cruise tour where the tour is first do you need to print the regular Princess luggage tags or will you be provided with all of the tags when you arrive in Alaska? In other words, will the "keep with me" and "send to the ship" tags be all you will need?

Thanks,

The luggage tags that are available for printing online are for the cruise ship only. The tags for "Meet me Tonight" are to be used for the bag(s) you keep with you on the CruiseTour and the "Meet me on the Ship" tags are for the bag(s) you won't need until you get on the ship. I understand that these tags are in the packet you receive at your pre-cruise hotel. I believe that we still need to print out the tags online with our cabin #, Ship Name and date of sailing and place those on our luggage after arrival in our cruisetour departure city.

I learned this information by reading the very detailed review by the Preismans from their cruisetour last year. This review has a lot of very useful information in it and I appreciate them taking the time write this review.

I hope you find this as helpful as I have. I have referred back to it many times to get questions answered. If I have made the wrong assumptions concerning these tags...please correct me and send me the right direction.

http://www.thepreismans.com/alaska_island_14.htm

Edited by DentoAlaska

The luggage tags that are available for printing online are for the cruise ship only. The tags for "Meet me Tonight" are to be used for the bag(s) you keep with you on the CruiseTour and the "Meet me on the Ship" tags are for the bag(s) you won't need until you get on the ship. I understand that these tags are in the packet you receive at your pre-cruise hotel. I believe that we still need to print out the tags online with our cabin #, Ship Name and date of sailing and place those on our luggage after arrival in our cruisetour departure city.

I learned this information by reading the very detailed review by the Preismans from their cruisetour last year. This review has a lot of very useful information in it and I appreciate them taking the time write this review.

I hope you find this as helpful as I have. I have referred back to it many times to get questions answered. If I have made the wrong assumptions concerning these tags...please correct me and send me the right direction.

Thanks, I'll look it over. They cruised first then did the land tour, so the logistics might be a little different. However, your explanation seems to make sense. The "Meet me Tonight" and "Meet me on the Ship" tags provided at the beginning of the land tour would seem to simply tell the folks handling your luggage prior to your boarding the ship what to do with it. The regular cabin number luggage tags that we print will tell the ship staff where the bags need to be delivered.

If I'm incorrect I hope someone will let me know. :D

BTW, I'm asking this question for my sister who's taking only her second cruise. that one was a long time ago with my travel agent mother. This time she is traveling solo.

Many thanks for the link. I have a bookmarked link to another cruisetour thread and this one provides an excellent companion to that one. I've bookmarked it and emailed the link to myself at home (I'm at work now...)

We're doing the land tour first but we are sooooooooooooooo looking forward to this trip. :)

We did a land tour first, and yes, I printed out the luggage tags and took them with me. I believe they gave us the other tags at the airport. I know they immediately took our "meet me at the ship" bag, as soon as it came off the baggage carousel. So I must have attached that tag right there. They were set up right at the baggage claim area and were collecting bags and sorting them as people arrived and got their bags.

But, yes, go ahead and print out your tags for the ship before you leave home.

But, yes, go ahead and print out your tags for the ship before you leave home.

You will need these for all of your luggage that sooner or later will go to the ship.

For the luggage that will "meet me on the ship" you will put those tags on for when you leave the first hotel/lodge on your land tour as that is when the ship luggage will be separated from you.

For the luggage that goes with you on the tour, you will attach your printed tags for when you leave the last hotel/lodge to go to the ship. The luggage will then be properly tagged to go to your cabin.

Hi again, DentoAlaska!

On the other recent cruisetour thread on the Alaska board, I had meant to refer you to a few other excellent reviews that helped me immensely in my planning:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727858

"caribill" wrote one of the best reports I've read. It focuses on the land tour portion of a Princess Connoisseur tour. Although it is a bit older (August 2012), it has so much valuable detailed information that is still relevant, and has great photos. It helped me understand the process of the Princess landtour, especially with regards to how Princess handles your luggage.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2055691

"AryMay"'s review (June 2014: Coral Princess and DIY land tour) is one of the most popular reports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070015

This one by "Spaniel Lover" is a report of his Coral Princess and 6-day Denali Explorer landtour in July 2014. He has some of the most amazing photos!

Hi again back, RoobyDoo! Thank you for the additional links to these amazing reviews. The time and effort that people put into these reviews amazes me but I appreciate their efforts so very much!!!

I am a little (HAHA...maybe a lot) on the OCD side when it comes to planning vacations and I don't handle the unknown very well. Reviews like these are so helpful so I have a better idea of what to expect along the way.

I will be lurking on these boards a lot now as we only have 45 days to go before we leave!!

I am a little (HAHA...maybe a lot) on the OCD side when it comes to planning vacations and I don't handle the unknown very well. Reviews like these are so helpful so I have a better idea of what to expect along the way

That's why we are all here isn't it? :p

We just returned from land first, cruise second

We were given a packet at the airport and all of our luggage went with us to the hotel. In the packet were the tags for the luggage that would go to the ship and for the luggage that would follow us to the next lodge ... plus room keys, info about the lodge ... vouchers for that lodge (meals, excursions) ...and any timing we needed to be aware of ... such as when to have the luggage out the final day

At that next lodge, we received the tags for the following lodge.

I just put up a post to answer questions

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215001

and have also started posts to my travel blog

For the luggage that will "meet me on the ship" you will put those tags on for when you leave the first hotel/lodge on your land tour as that is when the ship luggage will be separated from you.

For our cruise tour, they actually took our "meet me at the ship" bag right at the airport. It did not go to the hotel with us.

For our cruise tour, they actually took our "meet me at the ship" bag right at the airport. It did not go to the hotel with us.

My experience was at Fairbanks. Apparently it is different at Anchorage.

Edited by caribill