Coral Alaska Southbound

lucky cal

Hubbard Glacier and Juneau

Not a lot of happy people about formal night same as Hubbard Glacier cruising ... incl us. We stayed on our balcony and ate in the Horizon Court that night

I suppose there aren't too many good days to have Formal nights on this particular cruise - especially with the late departures from port in Skagway and Ketchikan and scenic sailing in Glacier Bay. What day would you have preferred?

I suppose there aren't too many good days to have Formal nights on this particular cruise - especially with the late departures from port in Skagway and Ketchikan and scenic sailing in Glacier Bay. What day would you have preferred?

None :D

Having done Alaska last year I have to say I don't know why they even bother with formal nights, at least not on the 7 day cruises. It's a jam packed week with lots of evening times you are passing areas you want to be outside for. We ended up eating at the buffet most nights so as not to miss anything.

Having done Alaska last year I have to say I don't know why they even bother with formal nights, at least not on the 7 day cruises. It's a jam packed week with lots of evening times you are passing areas you want to be outside for. We ended up eating at the buffet most nights so as not to miss anything.

Exactly

We even ordered room service twice so we didn't have to leave our balcony

The northbound itinerary happens to make a lot more sense with respect to formal nights: embarkation, formal, casual evening looking for whales after leaving Ketchikan, long port day in Juneau, long port day in Skagway, then Glacier Bay in the morning and formal night thereafter, then College Fjord and it's time to pack to disembark.