ATM machines in the Med

resstation

Yes there are loads of ATM machines all over Europe. Just check with your bank that you can use your card in Europe:-)

And what the charges are. Some charge a flat fee regardless of amount, so better to take larger amounts out less frequently. Others charge a percentage of the amount withdrawn and some even charge both.

Thanks so much! Great advice.

You could always get a prepaid card , eg Caxton - fx (available in USD or EUROS) and use them like cash in shops restuarants etc and also just take a small amount of local currency in cash for cups of coffee, restrooms etc. You'll only need Euros for the three countries mentioned

Pete

Here's a link to their fees and charges

https://www.caxtonfx.com/currency-cards/how-they-work#Card-fees-and-limits

NO ATM fees for use abroad

caxton.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Quote:

Originally Posted by resstation viewpost.gif

We'll be using our AmEx or bank debit cards mostly, but I'm sure we'll need a bit of cash. You mentioned having money for restrooms. I heard that before. How much does it cost to use a restroom??

Typicaly €1 but have some 50c coins as well as some are only that much. but there are not many public restrooms around , except male P155OIRES in France, I tend to make use of cafe's and restaurants restrooms as they tend to be a little cleaner.

Saying that at some of the more expensive public ones an attendant goes in before you and cleans it before you use it. it's all a bit hit and miss

Edited by Skier52

We'll be using our AmEx or bank debit cards mostly, but I'm sure we'll need a bit of cash. You mentioned having money for restrooms. I heard that before. How much does it cost to use a restroom??

Amex is not that popular in Europe. Be prepared that it won't be accepted in some places. Visa or MasterCard is a much better option for being accepted everywhere.