Exchanging Money Onboard

resstation

Quote:

Originally Posted by resstation viewpost.gif

Is it possible to exchange USD for EUR onboard the Divina? If so, is there a charge to do so?

It is possible but you'll get a realy rubbish exchange rate. I don't know if there is a charge.

If you take Euros with you any left over can be used on the last day or two to pay some of your account balance, which will be in euros anyway so no exchange rate worries there. That's what I always do on med cruises

Also if you give any extra tips the crew would appreciate euros as it' s the "local" currency.

If you're careful not to accumulate to many coins ( I'm not sure if you can only use notes for paying off some of your account) then they can be used for gratuities if you feel like it.

Some people like to give the room service waiter €1 or €2 when they deliver you order, if you use it.

Pete

progress.gif

Edited by Skier52

They do but I wouldn't use them or a hotel for that matter. rates are always rubbish.

I never carry large amounts of my own currency overseas anyway. I get the locall currency in small denominations (say a few hindered euros), use MasterCard or visa to pay for my ship's account and larger purchases ashore and use a currency card to get extra cash out an ATM if I need more.

Is it possible to exchange USD for EUR onboard the Divina? If so, is there a charge to do so?

On the recent Divina TA, they charged 10% commission.

Do as others suggest and draw cash via a land based ATM.

Annie

Wow - yes, definitely.

You're also travelling at a great time as the currency exchange rate is really in your favour at the moment (although I see the Euro is recovering slightly so don't delay too long to buy some before it gets even stronger!)

You're also travelling at a great time as the currency exchange rate is really in your favour at the moment (although I see the Euro is recovering slightly so don't delay too long to buy some before it gets even stronger!)

Good point!