Windy balconies?

Plan B

We cruised on the MSC Splendida in cabin 12207 which is toward the back of the ship in one of the recessed sections. The balcony was slightly breezy.

We are now looking at the MSC Fantasia cabin 12045 which is the front section of the ship and not a recessed section.

Can we expect the balcony to be windy when at sea? Mainly because it isn't in a recessed section?

Any help would be appreciated. We like to spend a fair amount of time "watching the world go by" but have decided on the Aurea experience which doesn't have cabins in the recessed area.

Thanks

More windy than the one you had before but not unusable.

The only balconies I'd advise anyone not to take are the forward facing ones. Had one of those once and never again. The views were amazing but just could not use it when the ship was sailing.

Never had a problem, on any of my 10 cruises with MSC in sidefacing balconies, as a result of the forward motion of the ship.

But have experienced wind problems because of the force of the wind being 6 or greater and that goes for other ships as well on otherr cruise lines i've sailed with.

I can see how a cabin in the rear recess could be affected by the vortex produced by the hump wall. Personally i'd never book a cabin in the rear recess of Divina or Preziosa

Pete