two pics of MSC Meraviglia

Janet&Carl

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for sharing the pics - interesting to see what I'm assuming will be the YC area at the front......there seems to be two panoramic windows, one above the other. Will one be the dining room and the other the Top Sail Lounge equivalent, I wonder?

Given the comments about the location of the YC restaurant I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it - but with 4,500 passengers I imagine the YC area will be much bigger. They have also taken away the forward facing suites on Fantasia and Splendida that were on the lower floors so it may be that they will be panoramic suites in a bigger YC area. Can't wait to see it but I don't think I will be sailing on her unless I'm in YC. I havent enjoyed the Poesia and Magnifica as much. I have found them to be too crowded.

It looks like an extra cabin deck has been added in YC and on closer inspection the panoramic windows look like they're cabins alright. Having had a balcony cabin at the front it makes more sense to have panoramic windows - it's far too windy to enjoy the balcony and the wind whistles at the balcony doors when at sea.

It had been reported that the YC dining room would be better positioned on the new ships. I imagine it would make more sense for it to overlook the midship pool areas - so towards the back of the YC enclave. Just speculating, mind. Can't wait to see what these new ships will offer. Hopefully they'll have some itineraries in the Med and don't go exclusively to the US.

This one is going to be launched in the med with cruises selling from June 2015.

Its home ports will be Barcelona, Genoa and Marseilles. And yes the promise is that the YC restaurant will be better located. The problem in the Med is you have such port intensive itineraries and with so much to see (historically wise) we always want to get off. I have been heard to say that we wouldn't go yacht club again unless we have a few sea days to make it worth it ..... but then when there is no YC - I wish there was. Not that I don't enjoy my cruise, I always do, I am just of the opinion that there is no better deal.

The ship, particularly YC, would be the destination in our case - we're dizzy going round and round the Western Med ports so if that'll be the itinerary, I'll happily stay onboard :D

We did the East Med on Preziosa twice last year - the second time in YC and stayed onboard for most of the ports. We were informed by an Australian couple that Istanbul had been a nightmare and they had regretted getting off at all even though they'd travelled so far to see it!

It's a shame MSC don't do regular 10-14 nighters the way Celebrity does. It would allow for a few sea days to relax and enjoy the ship or overnight stays in interesting ports to have a less rushed visit.

The ship, particularly YC, would be the destination in our case - we're dizzy going round and round the Western Med ports so if that'll be the itinerary, I'll happily stay onboard :D

We did the East Med on Preziosa twice last year - the second time in YC and stayed onboard for most of the ports. We were informed by an Australian couple that Istanbul had been a nightmare and they had regretted getting off at all even though they'd travelled so far to see it!

It's a shame MSC don't do regular 10-14 nighters the way Celebrity does. It would allow for a few sea days to relax and enjoy the ship or overnight stays in interesting ports to have a less rushed visit.

We would love a port intensive itinerary Bea,,especially for us, who have never been to the Med before, but I can see how it would become repetitive for those who have travelled those routes a few times, we feel that way about Nassau, Bahama's. I do like Divina's itineraries for the summer of 2016,,an overnight in San Juan with 2 and a half sea days,,,make that 3 and a half if you stay on the ship in Nassau!! Also,,there are a couple of 10 and 11 night sailings thrown in as well. I'm hoping once Seaside arrives,,we'll start to see more of the 10-14 night sailings to more Southern Caribbean ports.:)

We would love a port intensive itinerary Bea,,especially for us, who have never been to the Med before, but I can see how it would become repetitive for those who have travelled those routes a few times, we feel that way about Nassau, Bahama's. I do like Divina's itineraries for the summer of 2016,,an overnight in San Juan with 2 and a half sea days,,,make that 3 and a half if you stay on the ship in Nassau!! Also,,there are a couple of 10 and 11 night sailings thrown in as well. I'm hoping once Seaside arrives,,we'll start to see more of the 10-14 night sailings to more Southern Caribbean ports.:)

Here's hoping MSC will keep the prices as competitive on the new ships as they already do for the current fleet. It's the main reason I keep coming back. However, I'm beginning to tire of the repetitive Med itineraries and am a bit disappointed that the new ship will be doing the Genoa, Marseilles, Barcelona route - as posted by Janet & Carl.

I'll be getting a flavour of the Southern Caribbean on my TA from Barcelona to Miami on Divina in October. She's also overnighting in San Juan on this one. I keep looking back through the threads on here re Divina sailings for titbits about the ports. I used to skip them as they didn't hold any interest for me. It seemed the MSC board was filled with nothing but Divina. Now I'm glad of it :D Perhaps I'll be trying out the new ship in the Caribbean instead of the Med, LOL. Here's to dreaming and planning and scheming ;)

here's hoping msc will keep the prices as competitive on the new ships as they already do for the current fleet. It's the main reason i keep coming back. However, i'm beginning to tire of the repetitive med itineraries and am a bit disappointed that the new ship will be doing the genoa, marseilles, barcelona route - as posted by janet & carl.

I'll be getting a flavour of the southern caribbean on my ta from barcelona to miami on divina in october. She's also overnighting in san juan on this one. I keep looking back through the threads on here re divina sailings for titbits about the ports. I used to skip them as they didn't hold any interest for me. It seemed the msc board was filled with nothing but divina. Now i'm glad of it :d perhaps i'll be trying out the new ship in the caribbean instead of the med, lol. Here's to dreaming and planning and scheming ;)

+1 Bea!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

If I waited to afford the YC,I would be on cruise 4 instead of cruise 34 lol. Being with the masses isn't so bad.

I only do YC for a special event like an anniversary. I wait for an offer for that date, then book it.

I've managed to do more cruises because of special offers on balcony cabins (outside of YC) and I'm willing to sail in the Med in winter which makes it far cheaper. Now that I'm a Black Card holder, I receive 20% discount on top of any great prices :)

I'm just as happy "being with the masses" and spend all my evenings outside the YC enclave even when booked there. As inclusive drinks only apply in YC I also have to buy a drinks package when enjoying the lounge entertainment around the rest of the ship nightly so YC isn't the be-all-and-end-all for me. I just don't enjoy crowded areas which is why I love the pool area in YC.

I only do YC for a special event like an anniversary. I wait for an offer for that date, then book it.

I've managed to do more cruises because of special offers on balcony cabins (outside of YC) and I'm willing to sail in the Med in winter which makes it far cheaper. Now that I'm a Black Card holder, I receive 20% discount on top of any great prices :)

I'm just as happy "being with the masses" and spend all my evenings outside the YC enclave even when booked there. As inclusive drinks only apply in YC I also have to buy a drinks package when enjoying the lounge entertainment around the rest of the ship nightly so YC isn't the be-all-and-end-all for me. I just don't enjoy crowded areas which is why I love the pool area in YC.

We have 2 sailings coming up and have decided to sail in steerage for both. It really makes no sense for us to spend the extra money right now for the YC while we are trying to get to that coveted Black Level. If MSC decides to change their points earning to include double points for YC bookings,,I may reconsider,,but for now we are perfectly happy sailing in a Fantastica aft balcony. :D

We have 2 sailings coming up and have decided to sail in steerage for both. It really makes no sense for us to spend the extra money right now for the YC while we are trying to get to that coveted Black Level. If MSC decides to change their points earning to include double points for YC bookings,,I may reconsider,,but for now we are perfectly happy sailing in a Fantastica aft balcony. :D

You're so right, Mike. It's been an issue with me, too, that there aren't extra points awarded for YC :(

An aft balcony and a (prebooked but not prepaid!) premium drinks package with the allocated points for onboard spend work out a far better deal!

My next up is in YC as it's our anniversary so wanted something special. I managed to get it on an Early Booking promo so got OBC of €400 with the €10 voucher applied; it will nicely cover the cost of basic Allegrissimo. I don't bother with premium when in YC as room service items are included and the lovely cakes and pastries are available in the TS Lounge without having to pay the extra :D I won't get my Remy Martin XO on the basic, though :rolleyes: and the brandy offerings in YC aren't to my liking. I'll just have to settle for less :p

I'll be on the Divina TA in October, but won't have an aft like I did on my recent TA from Brazil, as I'm travelling with my parents so we've opted for Deck 9 midships - Dad has Meniers so motion is a big problem for him. So enjoy your aft, Mike. It's a wonderful experience as you know, yourself! :)

Trouble is this ship and its sister will just be larger versions of the likes of Divina and still have the lack of space that people have mentioned many times when the ships are full!

They would have been better building four Seaside Class ships instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the photos. Recently home from Divinas repositioning cruise Miami to Rome, we stayed in the YC and had a great time. Our captain told us there were 7 new ships on order, all with YC , some with YC restaurant aft and others with the YC restaurant at the stern. I never minded the walk myself but a few complained. Our captain also told us the YC was an original idea, rubbish. He had never heard of the 'Haven' on NCL, a wonderful experience. Celebrity and RCI are also adding a more exclusive suite decks to their ships.

7 new ships, that's huge. 4 are being built in France and 3 in Italy. MSC must be very confident in their future sales.

Meraviglia means Amazed ,Astonished, Wonderful, and dare I say it, 'Gobsmacked'. I thought Divina was a really :) beautiful ship,(apart from the funny layout on deck 7), as are most of MSC's fleet, I cannot wait to see this new ship.:D.