Couple of MSC questions...

RSLeesburg

I am considering trying MSC Divinia next summer, and was wondering about the forward YC cabins. Can you use the balconies while sailing or are they too windy? Also, for anyone who has sailed both MSC and RCI, which suite is roughly same size as GS or OS? I think I was looking at family or royal, and both looked bigger (which is totally fine with me :) ).

What is best way to book? I tried mock-booking on the MSC web site, and could not get it to work. I do not have a TA, and no interest in finding one, so is it best to just call and book over phone? What is deposit?

Thanks

I am considering trying MSC Divinia next summer, and was wondering about the forward YC cabins. Can you use the balconies while sailing or are they too windy? Also, for anyone who has sailed both MSC and RCI, which suite is roughly same size as GS or OS? I think I was looking at family or royal, and both looked bigger (which is totally fine with me :) ).

What is best way to book? I tried mock-booking on the MSC web site, and could not get it to work. I do not have a TA, and no interest in finding one, so is it best to just call and book over phone? What is deposit?

Thanks

Sailed in a GS on Grandeur; Explorer and Splendour they are 353sq ft with 101 sq ft balcony, and had a YC1 on Divina

The YC3 (royal suite) on MSC Divina is 387 sq ft with a balcony of 140sq ft

The YC2 are either 484 sq ft or 570 sq ft and have NO Balcony.

Collegues who sailed in forward facing cabins on Divina said the balcony was virtually useless and would not have one again. View forward was compromised by the metal part of the wind shield and access to the front half of the balcony was stopped by the railing half way along the balcony

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks

We stayed in 16008 which is Royal Suite(YC3). While at sea,,the balcony is extremely windy as you enter from the living room. Once you walk forward where the wind screens are,,it's not bad at all.

MSCDivina08-23-2014128of829_zpsd804cad1.jpg

We used to book through our PVC at MSC, but we have booked our last sailing as well as our 2 future sailings with our TA who is an MSC partner. We like using our TA because he is always available to answer any of our questions and handles any problems that may arise,,plus he's on Facebook which makes getting a hold of him a breeze.

I booked my upcoming first MSC cruise using their PVC. It will be the forward facing Divina YC (9002).

David Maceus

Personal Vacation Consultant

Direct Phone: 954.958.3286

Toll Free: 877.201.5206

He has been Johnny on the spot with emails or phone calls when I have contacted him.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Sailed in a GS on Grandeur; Explorer and Splendour they are 353sq ft with 101 sq ft balcony, and had a YC1 on Divina

The YC3 (royal suite) on MSC Divina is 387 sq ft with a balcony of 140sq ft

The YC2 are either 484 sq ft or 570 sq ft and have NO Balcony.

Collegues who sailed in forward facing cabins on Divina said the balcony was virtually useless and would not have one again. View forward was compromised by the metal part of the wind shield and access to the front half of the balcony was stopped by the railing half way along the balcony

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

Pete

Thanks Pete. I did not realize that the YC2 did not have a balcony - my wife would kill me if I don't get a balcony :). The price difference between YC2 and YC3 is fairly small, I may just go with YC3.

We stayed in 16008 which is Royal Suite(YC3). While at sea,,the balcony is extremely windy as you enter from the living room. Once you walk forward where the wind screens are,,it's not bad at all.

MSCDivina08-23-2014128of829_zpsd804cad1.jpg

We used to book through our PVC at MSC, but we have booked our last sailing as well as our 2 future sailings with our TA who is an MSC partner. We like using our TA because he is always available to answer any of our questions and handles any problems that may arise,,plus he's on Facebook which makes getting a hold of him a breeze.

Thanks. The view looks amazing from up there! Now I just need to nail down some dates. We are hoping to move down to FL next spring so trying to book a cruise at end of August. Found an amazing cruise on Adventure sailing from PR but my wife wants something we can drive to. I can book Freedom again, but thought I might try MSC and YC and see what all the buzz is about...lol

Thanks. The view looks amazing from up there! Now I just need to nail down some dates. We are hoping to move down to FL next spring so trying to book a cruise at end of August. Found an amazing cruise on Adventure sailing from PR but my wife wants something we can drive to. I can book Freedom again, but thought I might try MSC and YC and see what all the buzz is about...lol

We loved the Royal Suite and the entire YC experience. It is truly amazing!!! I just wished we could afford to sail in the YC more often!!:D

I booked my upcoming first MSC cruise using their PVC. It will be the forward facing Divina YC (9002).

David Maceus

He has been Johnny on the spot with emails or phone calls when I have contacted him.

I think you are in for a BIG LET DOWN

there are only YC cabins on Decks 16 (32 x YC 1 and 2 x YC 3) ; Deck 15 (32 x YC 1) ; and Deck 12 (3 x YC 2)

There are none on deck 9

9002 is an S3 Aurea Suite, NOT, I repeat, NOT a Yacht Club Suite

Pete

Edited by Skier52

David Maceus

That is not a yc cabin.

Once you do the YC you won't want to go any other way - it was fantastic and the price is incredible for what you get in service and all the amenities.

This is exactly how I felt and why, for the first time in my life, I'm re-booking a cruise on the same ship. Can't beat the YC.

Unfortunately, I see the OP didn't book a YC Cabin. His agent misrepresented it. That's NOT good business. Ouch.

David Maceus

David is a great Contact. I will use him for any and all future cruises with MSC

David Maceus

Booked our 1st sailing on MSC Divina 7/16/2016 with David. Got 16008 YC-3. He's been great so far. Half the cost of a Haven suite on NCL. From what I've seen so far on these boards the Yacht Club (beverages included at YC venues) is as good if not better than The Haven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Please, can someone shed light on

how much the deposit is for a new cruiser?

Are deposits totally refundable till final payment or refundable only as cruise credits like carnival's early saver rates?

We have seen the ship in port (but never been on it) and it looks fabulous!

Please, can someone shed light on

how much the deposit is for a new cruiser?

Are deposits totally refundable till final payment or refundable only as cruise credits like carnival's early saver rates?

We have seen the ship in port (but never been on it) and it looks fabulous!

Deposit is $100.00 per person and is fully refundable up to the 75 day final payment date,,hope this helps!!:)

I can only answer the deposit question. I paid $100 per person.

My understanding is it is refundable until final payment, but you should wait until a more seasoned MSC cruiser can answer that one.

Thanks! That's a fantastic deposit amount! Can I assume this was not something like a "future cruise credit" like in NCL and "next cruise" deposit like in Royal?

Thanks! That's a fantastic deposit amount! Can I assume this was not something like a "future cruise credit" like in NCL and "next cruise" deposit like in Royal?

Yes you can assume that Arzeena,,,the money will be refunded back to your cc or can be applied to a different sailing in the event you have to cancel and want to rebook a different date. :)