Cabins 5349 5351 5353 5355 on Sunshine

A.S.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? They are cat. 4D and the only ones being offered on Deck 5 for 2 people.

They look very small on the chart. Any info on them would be appreciated. Thanks

I stayed on deck 5 back in August but in an oceanview. I was across from one of these cabins, and they are all the same size inside. 185 sq. ft. The quads aren't any bigger. They just have more bed space - a couch that pulls out and a pullman (bunk) over the couch.

I will add just fyi, the cabins on deck 5 of the Sunshine are very nice. All have mini-fridges. A/C worked great in the two rooms we had. It is super convenient to everything aft and close by everything on the promenade deck in general. Quiet as well. I just loved having a cabin in that location. You will love it too.

Good luck!

Thank you so much. You have made my planning easier.

I think the location is excellent also. The deck plan layout made it look like these cabins were half the size of the others.

We don't mind an inside cabin, just didn't want to be in a closet. Thanks again

• 1 month later...

We stayed in an OV on Deck 5 last year on the Sunshine. LOVED the location. We actually booked that cruise late and let Carnival pick our rooms and we lucked up.

Loved the rooms so much we are sailing in another OV on Deck 5 in 10 days!

Two of our kids (ages 12 and 10) at the time loved the fact that they could step out the door of our room and go straight up to the ropes course, water works, etc.

We liked it because it was convenient enough that we knew they wouldn't get lost coming back to the room and going up.

Super convenient rooms.

Will say that we did have the worst room steward we have ever had on the cruise though. I'm sure he is long gone on another contract and ship by now - or at least I hope so.

• 2 months later...
I'm booked in 5351. Has anyone stayed in this sideways cabin? ty!

You will love it! We were in 5353 next door in December. It is so roomy. Lots of floor space because of the way, everything is set up in the cabin. The closets are bigger than any other insides or even in any balconies we have stayed in.

There are only the 4 cabins 5349, 5351, 5353 and 5355 in that wide hallway. Very quiet and as others have said, very close to everything. Unless, you are an early to sleep person, it is a quiet area.

I don't have any pictures posted to a hosting site so cannot post pix here but if you post your email address here, I can send you pix I took of my cabin.

• Like 1

You will love it! We were in 5353 next door in December. It is so roomy. Lots of floor space because of the way, everything is set up in the cabin. The closets are bigger than any other insides or even in any balconies we have stayed in.

There are only the 4 cabins 5349, 5351, 5353 and 5355 in that wide hallway. Very quiet and as others have said, very close to everything. Unless, you are an early to sleep person, it is a quiet area.

I don't have any pictures posted to a hosting site so cannot post pix here but if you post your email address here, I can send you pix I took of my cabin.

We have 5351 and 5353 booked for June so thanks for this info!!

I would love to see the pics too since we have 5353 booked!

You will love them! These cabins were new ones added when Carnivsl refurbished it to the Sunshine.

Only new cabins got fridges. Even balcony cabins on the Sunshine do not.

If you want to see pix of 5353, post your email and I will send them to you.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? They are cat. 4D and the only ones being offered on Deck 5 for 2 people.

They look very small on the chart. Any info on them would be appreciated. Thanks

cruisedeckplans.com has a video that shows the room. It has 170 sq. feet. There is the normal bathroom and the bed with the normal desk arrangement at the foot of the ed. The closet looked like it was only two sections and is across from the bathroom door. There is no couch or chair. The room is pretty small.

You will love them! These cabins were new ones added when Carnivsl refurbished it to the Sunshine.

Only new cabins got fridges. Even balcony cabins on the Sunshine do not.

If you want to see pix of 5353, post your email and I will send them to you.

Thanks we are so excited! My email is drogals@yahoo.com

I'm booked in 5351. Has anyone stayed in this sideways cabin? ty!

Donna and Dorene, mattjs has just posted a review for another cabin on deck 5 on the Sunshine. FYI: The 2nd pic he posted is the hallway for your cabin(s).. ..and it is as wide as it looks. Wider than the usual hallways.

The first door is 5351 and the 2nd from the end is 5353. 5349 is the first cabin in that hallway but he stood outside 5351 to take the pic so 5349 is not part of his pic.

• 2 weeks later...
Donna and Dorene, mattjs has just posted a review for another cabin on deck 5 on the Sunshine. FYI: The 2nd pic he posted is the hallway for your cabin(s).. ..and it is as wide as it looks. Wider than the usual hallways.

The first door is 5351 and the 2nd from the end is 5353. 5349 is the first cabin in that hallway but he stood outside 5351 to take the pic so 5349 is not part of his pic.

Great I'll have a look thanks!

• 5 months later...