carrying on liquor in San Juan

sunlovingirl

Since the change in July, has anyone tried this? I've never been to the pier, but I have read there is a store on the other side of check in?

Anyone who has an issue with this question is kindly asked to keep your snarky remarks to yourself... I'm sure you're next in line for the Pope as well. :)

The last time I boarded in San Juan, a person I knew very well had a bottle in his carryon. After they scanned it they put an orange cable tie on the handle.

As you passed the liquor check table they watched for the orange ties and directed those with them to come to the table.

He simply folded up the tie and covered it with his hand that was carrying the carryon and walked right by.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to confirm that it is possible! One time, we didn't get any tags on our bags (we had pop, a water bottle and some wine) but they also didn't go through it, but the other time, I was still carrying the liquor in a separate bag, and one of my bags was tagged. I just tucked the tag in my hand and carried it on.

You might want to carry something to remove the tag, the guy made it so that I couldn't have used the bag again the whole trip if I hadn't been able to remove the tag in the room because he tied the straps together so tight on my bag... Kinda pissed me off actually... Tagging one strap would have been sufficient.

Anyway, success!

Since the change in July, has anyone tried this? I've never been to the pier, but I have read there is a store on the other side of check in?

Anyone who has an issue with this question is kindly asked to keep your snarky remarks to yourself... I'm sure you're next in line for the Pope as well. :)

Speaking of snarky remarks, pot meet kettle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We brought wine on board and will say that some brought on more than their allotted amount. Our original embark we all had the requisite one bottle per person, (I don't drink it, brought it on for others in our party) but due to the late sailing of the ship, many got off and went back for sightseeing. On their 2nd time boarding they bought more wine @ CVS and had no issues whatsoever bringing it onboard.

Unless something has changed, they didn't record if anything was previously brought on, so you were free to bring more.

One person I spoke too was even more 'brazen' (if you want to use that term) LOL, they basically circled on and off board a few times, simply visited the wine shop in the terminal ... got on for a while, got off, back on, etc. The wine was a bit pricier there, but not outrageous and they didn't have to go to CVS to restock either.

Edited by aztekpm

Does anyone still follow rules?

Snarky remark!

Speaking of snarky remarks, pot meet kettle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Snarky remark x 2!

I myself used rum runners.

Edited by HawkIVette