$50 deposits are back

pbsteve

Just took a look, and 50.00 deposits are back... I wish price drops were back though... still the same prices.

But perhaps Ill book another anyway, for that low of a deposit, why not get an early start while still paying off my next one.

Just took a look, and 50.00 deposits are back... I wish price drops were back though... still the same prices.

But perhaps Ill book another anyway, for that low of a deposit, why not get an early start while still paying off my next one.

Yes, but Wow, the prices on my cruise have really jumped. Very glad I booked when I did, would rather pay full deposit and the good overall price I did then the low deposit with such inflated overall prices that they are now. :D

Although I am sure that there are good deals to be had on some sailings. Just really surprised at how much the price has increased on a February sailing from Baltimore. Must be selling well.

I just booked a cruise on the Glory (4-23-16) on line for the $50 deposit per person. We I booked it after putting in my Credit car info, it went directly to a screen where it said I had been charged the full cruise amount!! No option was offered about different deposit amount. I called the Diamond desk right away to see about this problem. They immediately fixed my problem. The lady said that they have been getting reports of this happening to other guests. So heads up!!! John F

I'm looking at booking the Magic in May. My mom and I want to go ahead and book, and then eventually add my husband and two children to the booking.

Will we be able to change the booking to a five person room (pending that one is available) at a later date?

Adding people to a booking is no charge. However if you need to change category (upgrade) to get a cabin that fits 5 people you'll likely need to pay the difference.

I am needing to book 3 more rooms for our Breeze cruise and was happy to see this "special". This special deal cost about $30 more per person! I figure it's CCL charging interest. I will have to book under the regular ES rates and pay $250 per person deposits.

That's how I look at it. We save on the front end with lower deposit's, but spend a little more overall. For two people it's not that bad but for 3 more cabins that cost would quickly add up and wouldn't be worth it.

Adding people to a booking is no charge. However if you need to change category (upgrade) to get a cabin that fits 5 people you'll likely need to pay the difference.

Yeah, I know we will have to pay more. Would it be best for us to go ahead and book the deluxe ocean view category now, or could we just book an interior? Does it really matter? If they are out of the 5 person deluxe ocean views when we go to upgrade, then we will probably book an interior anyway.

Yeah, I know we will have to pay more. Would it be best for us to go ahead and book the deluxe ocean view category now, or could we just book an interior? Does it really matter? If they are out of the 5 person deluxe ocean views when we go to upgrade, then we will probably book an interior anyway.

It depends on how much you're willing to spend now vs. later. Other than the trend of price increases I think the biggest factor you'll need to consider is the availability of 5 person cabins further down the road. I would do a comparison between booking one deluxe ocean view for 5 vs having two cabins with 1 Ocean view and 1 inside across from each other. That way you can book both cabins today for $200 down and add the 5th person later. It may come out to around the same price or save you some money, but you'll have a second bathroom as a bonus.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

We booked a June cruise on the Breeze 12 days ago that required the $250pp deposit (ES). Just did a mock booking and the total price for the two rooms has gone up $110. Yeah not horrible, but an extra $110 to DEFER an $800 payment is nuts.

We booked a June cruise on the Breeze 12 days ago that required the $250pp deposit (ES). Just did a mock booking and the total price for the two rooms has gone up $110. Yeah not horrible, but an extra $110 to DEFER an $800 payment is nuts.

True, but isn't this still an ES fare? So if the price goes down again after the reduced deposit sale, you'd still get the lower price, right?

Edited by E&B

True, but isn't this still an ES fare? So if the price goes down again after the reduced deposit sale, you'd still get the lower price, right?

I would assume so, but from what I have read here, they would then require the full deposit. Frankly I don't care what the deposit is...I just look at overall cost.