Scenic Danube Cruise cabin selection?

WmFields

I am looking to book a Scenic Danube cruise for 15 days. This is our first river cruise. Can you help me decide which deck would be the best value for $$?

Is it worth the extra $$ for a balcony?

Are lower decks noisy?

Thanks for the help!

Morning WmFields,

We are Lisa and Gary LoneStarCruisinCouple and we would certainly say that yes spending the extra for a balcony is well worth the extra dollars.

We cruised last September 2015 from Amsterdam to Budapest on the Jasper in a Royal Panorama Suite and just loved it.

With Scenic having the Sun Loungers that you can raise and or lower the glass that encloses your balcony and to have your private butler come and pour a glass or two of your favorite wine and just sit back relax and watch as you past some of the most beautiful scenery that changes in every twist and bend in the river.

We enjoyed so much that we are booked for two cruises with Scenic at present. One for next year on the Newly redesigned Sapphire with the addition of the Vitality Pool and spa and the innovative Culinaire and for us the addition of a new cabin category called the Royal Owners Suites.

We were called by Scenic to see if we wanted to upgrade as we were in another Panorama Suite and we had to think hard but figured we have been there so we said yes and shall see, also booked on the New Eclipse for Cuba in Depth October 2018.

You will enjoy Scenic as they are truly All Inclusive and Offer a Top Notch cruise that is for some a Trip of a Lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

We are taking our first river cruise in December with Viking on the Danube and booked the lowest category. If it's a matter of booking the lowest category to save some money or staying home I'm booking the lower category. With that being said, we will see if we should have gone with an upper level with a french or full balcony, but we are glad to be going on our first river cruise.

Edited by belle907

That is a hard question to answer as everyone has different comfort levels. We will sail next week and it was hard to make a right choice. We did choose the sapphire deck. And went with the BD as it seemed to have a good location and the sq. footage was also good. I do hope we made the right choice, we will find out soon. The cost is a big factor and for us it is important to have a balcony. We are hoping that choosing Scenic was the right choice. There are other companies that seem to deliver a good product also. The couple traveling with us did Ama last year and it will be interesting to find out what they think of the two companies.

We took a Scenic cruise on the Danube in July and we were on the Diamond deck with a balcony. We felt that it added quite a bit to the space of the room and without it we might have felt a bit claustrophobic. You will LOVE Scenic, they are a great company. We are taking another trip with them next summer on the Rhine, can't wait!!

I'm booked for a Danube cruise next April on Viking. I originally had an "aquarium" or "submarine" cabin (below water level) based on a friend's comment that "you're rarely in the cabin so save the money", but after some issues with our booking, got changed to a french balcony. I'm glad this worked out, as I wasn't sure if I would be comfortable with a window that I couldn't look out and being below the water level.

Monica

We sailed on the Scenic Jasper in late June from Budapest to Amsterdam. We debated the various cabin options and finally settled on a 'BB' on the middle deck. We were pleased by the space (205 sq. ft.) Sun Lounge balcony.

The lowest deck offers great value but you do give up space and the marvelous views. If you do opt for this deck I'd pick a cabin closer the front of ship to minimize and noise/vibrations from the engines. No matter which cabin you select Scenic will take great care of you. The Jasper was a marvelous ship and the crew could not have been better. Enjoy!

Paul

We sailed on the SCenic Opal In June and booked a stateroom on the lower level. It was perfectly fine, small but very efficiently laid out and more than adequate storage space. While the cabin itself was smaller than a regular cruise ship cabin, the bathroom and shower were a bit larger and certainly well designed. The windows are across the top, they are not "below water level" as a prior poster said, only one day did we get some water splashing here and there on the window. One thing being on a lower deck does is get you out and about, we spent lots of time on the top deck walking and looking around, and in the lounge sitting by the picture window and chatting with our friends and the lovely fellow passengers. We decided to save the price differential, which was substantial on this cabin class, and would do it again.

We also loved Scenic for our first River cruise experience and are looking forward to another in our future!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We will be on our 6th Scenic cruise next year, Jewels of Europe. We have never done the lowest deck and Diamond deck on our first cruise which was before all inclusive and wanted a butler so roll on miss a year and our next cruise was all inclusive so Sapphire deck which now included a butler. We have tried most cabins but never at the after end we usually choose mid-ships but if the cabins include deluxe balcony suits that's our choice if available they are more forward. We have never had a problem with noise either engine or people. All cabins are supplied with earplugs. Some complain about noise when passing through locks it has never been a problem for us but then we do have a narrowboat and are very used to them albeit a lot smaller than the European river versions. We would have a balcony every time and especially on a longer cruise, there is something very decidant when sitting on your balcony cocktail at hand with a good book, that's the life. Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will. CA