Pacific Princess Penthouse Suites

naplesam

Best I can tell, all of these rooms are at the very front of the ship.

Would the balcony be of any use at all when at sea?

Anyone with experience, please share your thoughts!

Thanks

I looked at the location (mainly as the price was quite a bit less) for our upcoming pacific princess cruise. Decided I would play it safe and book the OS aft instead. Much less change of all that wind on the balcony.

We had friends aboard with us on the Royal for 24 days, and they were in one of the forward-facing suites on Deck 7, and they found, as long as the ship was sailing with the wind, that they could be on the balcony. If heading into the wind, it was a bit breezy.

Thanks guys...really quick responses. I can't tell from the info I've found if you get a good view out the front with the balcony door closed?? Anyone know that?

We are trying to decide between fore and aft suite.

Thanks guys...really quick responses. I can't tell from the info I've found if you get a good view out the front with the balcony door closed?? Anyone know that?

We are trying to decide between fore and aft suite.

One thing to remember is that with the foreward-facing suites, your view is only straight ahead, while the aft-suites have a wraparound balcony that allows a side view, also.

In both cases, the balcony enclosure is solid metal, unlike the balconies of cabins along the side of the ship....the solid metal inhibits some "angled down" viewing.

I can post exterior photos of both fore and aft if you wish.

Naplesam, I was on the Tahitian (which is similar to Pacific) in 07. We booked the suite on 6 right in front. The balcony is big but you overlook the crew and tons of wires. Wasn't too windy but I didn't care for the location. We have had aft cabins and the suites are much better IMO there.

If you have the choice I would pick the aft:)

Andrea

Hi

We looked at the suites on Deck 7 AFT...

The hull was there, so if you sat down you couldn't see the ocean..

whereas our Balcony 7107 (or was it 7017) you could see everything.

Does that make sense?

You can see pictures of the Pacific Princess on our personal website! There's also a picture of our balcony view

Just follow the link below and go into Pacific Princess..

Enjoy the rest of the site, it's been a labor of love, and there's no advertising or political commentary....just travel! :)

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Karen_s_Cruise_Corner.html

Archived