Galapagos cruise dress code?

Ken the cruiser

We're trying to plan our future cruise to the Galapagos and are trying to determine the evening dress code for those particular cruises. We'd rather go on the cruises offered by Silversea rather than Celebrity, but at the same time, we really don't want to bring formal outfits along. In other words will I have to pack a coat and tie if we book a cruise on the Silver Galapagos? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Do not bring formal wear. Evenings are quite informal. No jeans in the dining room, bough you can wear them at Hot Rocks if you desire. My husband wore a dress shirt and slacks in the evenings. I saw a few sports coats and there was a Scottish gentleman with a kilt.

I wore either a sundress or leather pants with a sparkly top most evenings. On the captain's reception evening and the Venetian society evening, a short lace cocktail dress. I was probably dressed more formally than most.

We just got back dec 18 from Silver Galápagos. Please believe Rachael G ,this is an adventure vacation with some pampering thrown in. Saw very few dresses and no jackets on the men,but then a couple times we were so pooped we did room service but our butler brought us the dining rm menu(yay!). Silverseas does a great job, you will love it!

It's our first time on Silversea, and am looking forward to the Galapagos! I understand that this is not a typical Silversea experience as there are specific rules that also govern food and beverage as well as the employees that are hired.

The stateroom we booked is larger and better appointed than that available on the Celebrity Expedition for about the same price, given the date we wanted to travel.

That said, Celebrity has been doing this every week for many years and have a solid product which is uniformly highly reviewed.

It's our first time on Silversea, and am looking forward to the Galapagos! I understand that this is not a typical Silversea experience as there are specific rules that also govern food and beverage as well as the employees that are hired.

The stateroom we booked is larger and better appointed than that available on the Celebrity Expedition for about the same price, given the date we wanted to travel.

That said, Celebrity has been doing this every week for many years and have a solid product which is uniformly highly reviewed.

We took Celebrity's 10 day cruise last December and had a great time! This time, actually in the summer of 2022, it's going to be a family cruise and we'll have a 7 year old along in our group of seven. So right now we're just long range planning and leaving it up to the daughters who are in their 30's to decide which cruise line to take. For us I'm sure either line will be great. However, it does look like Silversea has larger and better appointed verandas.

We have done the Galapagos on both celebrity and Silversea. While we enjoyed the wildlife both times, my husband vowed never to sail on celebrity again. I thought the restrictions in the Galapagos were perhaps the reason for the inferior food, but we had mostly great food on Silversea, and they have the same restrictions. Plus the staff on Silversea were for the most part better trained, had a better attitude and just more pleasant. Guides were also for the most part way better. Staterooms are no comparison with Silversea being way ahead.