Klaipeda private guide?

mocrimlaw

Anyone have a recommendation for a private guide with car in Klaipeda? I want to go to the Hill of Witches on the Curonian Spit - I know there is a ferry but it seems the Hill os a long ways from the ferry. I also want to have a guide for a drive & walk through the town as I have can't walk long distances and I am slower due to severe arthritis in my feet. All I see are group guides, and some of them say you have to be not walking impaired. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Crimlaw.

Sorry I am unable to assist with information for a private vehicle, however if you can't get a vehicle the Witches Hill 'Raganu Kalnas' is not far from the ferry stop at Juodkrante. It's about half a mile walk so you can do it on your own.

The hill itself has steep parts and is quite long, you need to look for the arrows to follow the trails (so it might be an issue if you have arthritis, even if you get a private car to the hill).

The ferry ride is quite relaxing, you can either sit inside the ferry or stand outside on the open deck.

I'm not sure where the ship will dock in Klaipeda as there are many options so it might be a bit of a distance to get to the ferry port and there is only one afternoon departure from Juokrante back to Klaipeda.

Another option is to take the ferry across to Smiltyne then bus to Raganu Kalnas.

• 4 weeks later...