QM2 Funnel Color

OceanLinerGeek24

I've been driving myself crazy trying to find proof of this. I seem to remember about 5 years after beginning her service career (circa 2008/9ish), Cunard changed the color of QM2's funnel to be less red and more "Cunard orange." I've been looking at pictures but don't see an obvious difference. Can anyone here back this up or am I imaging this? Appreciate any input!

I've been driving myself crazy trying to find proof of this. I seem to remember about 5 years after beginning her service career (circa 2008/9ish), Cunard changed the color of QM2's funnel to be less red and more "Cunard orange." I've been looking at pictures but don't see an obvious difference. Can anyone here back this up or am I imaging this? Appreciate any input!

Aren't you thinking of the QE2, which changed from a more orange red?

Stewart

While I haven't searched for photos for the comparison, you are correct that the color of QM2's funnel was changed to a less red and more orange hue a few years after her debut, more in-line with the color of QE2's funnel. When I first saw QM2, I immediately remarked that the funnel was too red, having been very familiar with the color of QE2's funnel.

While I haven't searched for photos for the comparison, you are correct that the color of QM2's funnel was changed to a less red and more orange hue a few years after her debut, more in-line with the color of QE2's funnel. When I first saw QM2, I immediately remarked that the funnel was too red, having been very familiar with the color of QE2's funnel.

Thank you! I thought this was the case, but I just wanted to double check my memory.

Yes. It seems around the time of her debut, the decision (from Carnival, Princess?) was to go to almost crimson as part of a more jewel-toned "luxe" corporate palate.

Later, a more appropriate appreciation of the Cunard orangey red returned. Perhaps to loop back to the QE2 in bringing the two vista-hull Queens into the fleet.