Britannia single balcony cabin

Davey M

No, but I have stayed in L201. These balcony cabins for one are very well designed and have a bed which I am sure is bigger than a typical single. It is a quiet area with good access to the Crow's Nest. Not many outsiders use the corridor leading to the Crow's Nest. Cabins occupied on my cruise were filled with solo travellers many of whom dined on a single table in the furthest restaurant. The other niche market seemed to be elderly relatives who were travelling with younger couples.

Regards John

Thank you very much for that. I am disabled so its nice to be near where I want to go i.e. Crows Nest. Which dining room with single tables were ou referring to. Is it a nice ship. Ive heard lots of negative reviews although I believe they look after disabled people like myself very well.

Dave

Bearing in mind I was in L201, furthest forward cabin on Deck 16. I saw some irony in being given Oriental Restaurant Deck 6 Aft. This is the furthest apart on any P&O ship you could end up with with the length of Britannia.

When I mentioned a single table, I think a degree of ambiguity may have crept in. It was a table for 10 diners each one from the single Balcony or single inside cabins. Quite often the Maitre'D will allocate a table for solo travellers to help people mingle and get to know at least someone on board. I always recommend solo travellers to request club dining, 1st or 2nd sitting on the biggest available table. This means that at least once a day you can touch base with a group of people whow you get to know at evening meal time. I also find a continuity by having a known table and time to head for each night.

Regards John

Thank you very much for that. I am disabled so its nice to be near where I want to go i.e. Crows Nest. Which dining room with single tables were ou referring to. Is it a nice ship. Ive heard lots of negative reviews although I believe they look after disabled people like myself very well.

Dave

Britannia is superb for disabled guests. Almost everywhere is easily accessible, even in a wheelchair. The only problem you will find is with lifts, especially mid-ships where there are no stairs. All lifts are very small and it's amazing how many able bodied passengers use the lifts for every single movement between floors (even forward and rear lifts where there are stairs) - even just to go up or down one or two floors. Hardly any will vacate a lift to permit a wheelchair user (who has no choice but to use the lift all the time) to enter and you can wait quite a long time for a lift with enough room for a wheelchair. When I was able to, I used the stairs all the time to help keep the pounds off. I don't think most people realise just how little distance their is between each floor. It's not like a land based hotel. 99% of passengers could manage 3-4 decks at a time without any difficulty whatsoever, but never try! Other than that (and the absence of a promenade deck) she's a lovely ship. Enjoy.

Hi,

l think mine was L225 Feb of last year in Caribbean.

It was one of the best cabins I have had and would book it again in a heart beat. More than enough room for one, people have commented the balconys are smaller than Ventura and Azura, if they are I didn't notice it. I was worried it would be too high up for me but it was perfect. I would say I found it a little noisy first thing in the morning from the pool area above. You could hear the deck hand moving the loungers around.

I had little niggles about the cabin, the absence of a bed side table but there is a convenient little round table as you walk in the door and I dragged it around to use at night.

There is an oblong towel rail on the back of the bathroom door with hard metal square corners and as the wardrobes are the other side the door doesn't push back fully and I kept banging my upper leg on it, however a quick chat with reception who said it can't be moved, to which my reply was that's fine I can by a screw driver at the next port it's only a couple of hidden screws and a Allen key and remove it myself, funny thing the rail was gone the next day.

The wardrobe isn't the biggest but again that's not something to let spoil your trip.

Yes the absence of a central stair is an annoyance but it's not the end of the world.

As for dining after using club for years I switched to freedom, it meant I could join nice people or if all the company I wanted was a good book that was fine too I won't go back to club.

The entertainment gang are fab, it's one thing I love about PO they look out for solo travellers.

Hope this helps. H

Thanks for all the useful information. I have already chosen Freedom Dining. I am looking forward to my first cruise and hopefully my disabilities wont get in the way of enjoying myself. I did request an accessible cabin but they were all gone.

Hi. I'm booked in L255 at the pool end of the corridor..... It was the last one left when I booked. Go 2 weeks today :) Any information on this cabin? Also opted for freedom dining. Enjoy your cruise Davey M. I am sure you will find both Britannia and your fellow cruisers will ensure that your cruise will be an amazing experience . The only trouble is that you get hooked on cruising!! :D