question re. Britannia table request

dfwguy

I apologize in advance if this question has been posted a million time before.

We (party of 2) are travelling on crossing in May 2017 . Our friends (party of 3) will be on same crossing. 2 different booking numbers- 2 totally separate reservations. How do we arrange for all 5 of us to be at same table in Britannia for the crossing? Through Cunard ? our travel agent ? or their travel agent?

We (party of 2) are travelling on crossing in May 2017 . Our friends (party of 3) will be on same crossing. 2 different booking numbers- 2 totally separate reservations. How do we arrange for all 5 of us to be at same table in Britannia for the crossing? Through Cunard ? our travel agent ? or their travel agent?

Get a TWID reference for your booking via your TA or Cunard if used, then supply that TWID reference to your friends to inform their TA or Cunard to link bookings.

Immediately see the Maître D once you've boarded. They may not get you all seated together the first night, but they should be able to accommodate you. We did this on the QV & had no trouble.

I've done this twice now. Both times we booked directly with Cunard and our friends booked with a travel agent.

All you do is that one party rings up Cunard and asks to have the bookings linked. They will give the first party a reference number/code. Then the second party rings up and tells them they have a linked reference number/code. If you are the second party to ring, Cunard will then confirm the name of the party to you and you are all done.

For a hassle free resolution of this, please take the advice offered to get one of the TA's involved to speak to Cunard and get them to "link" your bookings together for the same table. For many years we have cruised with friends who make their own booking and our TA arranges that we dine with our friends on the same table at the same time. There has never been a hiccup with this arrangement.

One tip, when you arrive in your stateroom and you have the table number on your "welcome aboard" card, telephone your friends and ask them to confirm that they have the same table number, if for any reason they don't, that's when you should go to the dining room and they have the ability to arrange it. But as I say, in advance via your TA is much more preferable - Good Luck !.

David