Oriana after refit question

barriead

Hi Guys, sailed on a northern lights cruise in 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed it, was wondering if anyone knows if Oriana still has those terrible old cabin TVs replaced during the refit, while I understand they are way down in most peoples importance....it would be nice to actually have a TV that would allow me to actually read and see whats on the screen without having to put my nose up to it.:)

It does seem odd that while looking at pictures after refit (those that I found anyway) I have not found one that actually showed a cabin with a TV on show.:confused:////I wonder why.:)

We are thinking of doing another Fjords cruise but this time in the summer.

Regards

Thanks jimgri, I have now received the e mail as well....guessing they still have the "£10 at a boot sale" tvs on board, pretty poor show if they have not upgraded them....I know there are other ships with similar rubbish tvs...as well as many cheap hotels. As my eyesight is not the best it is a bugbear with me.

Edited by barriead
mis spell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was on Oriana following her refit and the television was slow and disappointing. Have to say this was the worse cruise we have been on and it almost put us off P&O, the ship ran out of hot water on black tie night, the staff didn't seem to know what they should be doing and there were technical faults with the cruise passes. To be fair it was the first cruise following the refit and teething problems should have been expected but it was still very disappointing.

Hopefully just teething probs.....as for the televisions they have to be the worst of any cruise line, if you have poor eyesight like me they are really difficult to make out...too small and dreadful picture...even worse than a budget hotel (travellodge) I stayed in near Heathrow recently.