Silver Wind and Cloud photos

les37b

Bit of an unusual request.....

Having made 160 page A3 photo books of each of our cruises and other holidays and due to not being able to turn down a bargain offer, I've found myself with vouchers for 2 more 100 page A3 photo books which I need to use within the next 9!days..... or lose them!

So just thinking of putting together a couple of Silver Wind and Silver Cloud photos in various places and ports we've seen them..... and mixed with photos of them both we might get to see them one day!

So, anyone with photos of them who wouldn't mind sharing for use in a personal photo book.... would be gratefully received and appreciated.

Email address to use cruise-trip@europe.com (I guess it would need to be an email per photo if they are large.)

Doesn't matter where they are... but if you could say which ship and where, I'd appreciate. And that includes current cruise! (Hint hint!)

Les, let me see what I can do for you. I bet I have a bunch of pics that would fit the bill. Need to get home first.

Superstar...... cheers JP

Just want to mix the books up a little with my fav ships.

OK...

I found 40+ pictures from 2006-2014. All of Cloud and Wind in all sorts of random ports, ranging from the Med to the Atlantic to Iceland to South Africa, all except one from a personal visit. The one pic from 2006 was a totally random one on Mallorca, while we were there on Oceania, before we even knew that SS existed! Cool!

Rather than e-mail them all to you, I will upload them to a publicly accessible folder on my Google Drive and post a link here. A few minutes while I do that...

Les, I renamed the files using the following convention:

YYYY_MMDD #shipname# #location#

The folder location should still be the same and the same link should work.

They should now appear in chronological order with all identifying data more easily accessible. Let me know if you have trouble downloading them.

I also uploaded them to an online album for viewing. Here is that link: https://goo.gl/photos/puZJwPRPwQZN3y3y5

Les, I renamed the files using the following convention:

YYYY_MMDD #shipname# #location#

The folder location should still be the same and the same link should work.

They should now appear in chronological order with all identifying data more easily accessible. Let me know if you have trouble downloading them.

I also uploaded them to an online album for viewing. Here is that link: https://goo.gl/photos/puZJwPRPwQZN3y3y5

Just tried from work on the desktop, but as expected, google is blocked.... But clicked the link on my phone and the names show up.... Will test latter I can download. I dont think there should be a problem.

I could only view the thumbnail, (ie a small image without the detail).... but you may be surprised to hear, I didnt recognise Cloud at Tower Bridge! lol.... No Shard! It threw me! :p Thats a great one to add... Thank you...

And thank you to everyone else who have posted to me..... Very much appreciated. You'll all make a Wind and Cloud stalker very happy! lol

So just thinking of putting together a couple of Silver Wind and Silver Cloud photos in various places and ports we've seen them..... and mixed with photos of them both we might get to see them one day! So, anyone with photos of them who wouldn't mind sharing for use in a personal photo book.... would be gratefully received and appreciated.

Appreciate this good picture request. I am showing below just three quick samples from many, many visuals that I have from in, around and outside the Silver Cloud. Plus, my files are full of various on-ship entertainment, staff, food, activities, beverage, etc., photo examples. Was not sure which file size works best for your project. Below are two links to my live/blogs from three of our four cruises on this fine ship. It is easy on many computers, to just "slide" off any of these posted pictures to your computer desktop and then use those images for most photo purposes. BUT, happy to e-mail directly to you these and/or many more if I know the exact sizes and types of ship subjects/areas that you need.

What else can we do to help your photo project? Hope this is helpful!! Sounds like fun.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 206,294 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 46,169 views for these postings.

From the day doing our shore excursion in Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, here is some proof for the nice weather, sunshine, fun, etc., that those on the Silver Cloud enjoyed in Jan. 2015! Notice the big clouds over The Cloud?:

Jan15SCStartA10_zpst7d7spih.jpg

Here is one of the pool area of the Silver Cloud while we were sailing in the Caribbean. It is easy to see that this is the Silver Cloud in this picture, right?:

DecTravel2016A%20029_zps5yeclr81.jpg

From its position in one of the scenic Norway fjords, here is the Silver Cloud from our July 2010 sailing to the top of Europe at the North Cape.:

DecTravel2016A%20030_zpsgdcyotym.jpg

Terry, I knew you had lots of photos, so hoping you might want to contribute. There are a fair few in your threads and that last photo in particular above is certainly the type I'd like to include. Anything especially with a spectacular backdrop or recognisable location.... preferably with the whole ship in view.

They will be on view on pages of mostly A3 in size so needs to be a high pixel count and full resolution. (ie nothing posted to the forum would be of use because its maximum size would be too small.)

Adding to a folder and sharing on google drive or something similar would certainly be the easiest way to pass over, but email is also OK.

Many thanks Terry

Terry, I knew you had lots of photos, so hoping you might want to contribute. There are a fair few in your threads and that last photo in particular above is certainly the type I'd like to include. Anything especially with a spectacular backdrop or recognisable location.... preferably with the whole ship in view. They will be on view on pages of mostly A3 in size so needs to be a high pixel count and full resolution. (ie nothing posted to the forum would be of use because its maximum size would be too small.) Adding to a folder and sharing on google drive or something similar would certainly be the easiest way to pass over, but email is also OK. Many thanks Terry

Appreciate this nice follow-up from our UK friend. I have e-mailed to you a couple of pictures from the fjords in Norway. With these added specifics for these "scenic" location, I will check for more "stars" that might be helpful.

The challenge? Many of ship docking locations we have experienced are in only "average" to boring port locations that are not that special and unique. In most cases, it is just sky and water behind the ship in a location. Or, the background is of or showing more larger ships. Or, just typical, bland or worse warehouse buildings, etc. Nothing as special and unique as if the ship is docked next to a famous bridge, castle, etc. Also, the "luck" on the lighting and angles, etc., when you are shooting for a full ship view might not always be the best. Lots of factors and involved in gaining those "Kodak moments"!! Remember when that phrase was special and Kodak was a "player" in photography?

On my Norway fjord visual posted earlier, that was taken as the Silver Cloud was in the Sognerfjord that is rated as the best in all of Norway for these great and many fjord views/angles. That picture was taken in the afternoon as we were near Gudvangen after we had done the Flam rail adventure earlier that morning.

On some of the pictures that I had sent directly to you via e-mail, they were in file sizes of 5.18 MB and a pixel size of 1909 by 1385. I sent that visual as an "actual size" file in my e-mail. BUT, I don't know if my carrier of aol.com and/or your e-mail company might have reduce down that file size for their ease in transmission. We'll keep looking and trying to find out how best to "ship" the biggest and best visual file to you for your project needs. Glad you are doing this effort. Below is a link to our latest Silver Cloud trip, but I don't re-call any special views of the whole ship in that unique of a South Africa setting.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 23,801 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Appreciate this nice follow-up from our UK friend. I have e-mailed to you a couple of pictures from the fjords in Norway. With these added specifics for these "scenic" location, I will check for more "stars" that might be helpful.

The challenge? Many of ship docking locations we have experienced are in only "average" to boring port locations that are not that special and unique. In most cases, it is just sky and water behind the ship in a location. Or, the background is of or showing more larger ships. Or, just typical, bland or worse warehouse buildings, etc. Nothing as special and unique as if the ship is docked next to a famous bridge, castle, etc. Also, the "luck" on the lighting and angles, etc., when you are shooting for a full ship view might not always be the best. Lots of factors and involved in gaining those "Kodak moments"!! Remember when that phrase was special and Kodak was a "player" in photography?

On my Norway fjord visual posted earlier, that was taken as the Silver Cloud was in the Sognerfjord that is rated as the best in all of Norway for these great and many fjord views/angles. That picture was taken in the afternoon as we were near Gudvangen after we had done the Flam rail adventure earlier that morning.

On some of the pictures that I had sent directly to you via e-mail, they were in file sizes of 5.18 MB and a pixel size of 1909 by 1385. I sent that visual as an "actual size" file in my e-mail. BUT, I don't know if my carrier of aol.com and/or your e-mail company might have reduce down that file size for their ease in transmission. We'll keep looking and trying to find out how best to "ship" the biggest and best visual file to you for your project needs. Glad you are doing this effort. Below is a link to our latest Silver Cloud trip, but I don't re-call any special views of the whole ship in that unique of a South Africa setting.

Cheers Terry.

I did reply to your email, which I hope came through?

Yes, those Fjord ones were very special and appreciate its pretty difficult to top that or come close. I've added to the book lots that are just sky and sea backgrounds and appreciate that that combination make it a much of a muchness - though of course different angles and lighting can change things.

The photos that arrived were about 1.5Mb, so I suspect they were processed somewhere along the way. They are not big enough for an A3 page but ok for 4 per A3 page.

I suspect if you have quite a few to share, email will take a fair bit of time, but if you have something like google drive or similar, you can simply upload to a folder and share that folder. I must admit, its not something I've personally done either, but it does sound simple enough.

I need to get the job finished by the 15th... so please excuse if that sounds like a "hurry up"... it isn't as such. I'm only saying so you appreciated the short timeframe (which was the reason for doing this!).... And no problem if you cant spare the time. I'm the first to admit its quite a strange request and short time frame.

Thanks again

PS.... Once I have created, I will email everyone a link to see the full synergy collection of Wind and Cloud piccies

PS.... Once I have created, I will email everyone a link to see the full synergy collection of Wind and Cloud piccies

Oh, great! Was really hoping that there would be a way to see the final project. Sounds very special!

Oh, great! Was really hoping that there would be a way to see the final project. Sounds very special!

Don't panel c on that... it's the least I can do.

And I really am just "using or losing" the photo books. I got the vouchers 3 minutes nths ago and keep extending.. but can't keep that up! So it's not h best solution in can change me up with to fillthrse books with photos worthy of printing

• 4 weeks later...

I did manage to get a completion on the photobook and have had a quick look though old emails to identify those who've helped with images to send an online copy to view.... I know I've missed a couple. I'm going to have another quick look.... Please forgive.... and send a reminder if I've not sent anything.

It's nice to look at.... nothing special in the scheme of things - but always nice to look at Wind and Cloud photos!

I'm not going to post the link for it on here, but happy to share if anyone wants to view even if no contribution made. Request on here - or send an email using the address in the opening post.

Thanks everyone

Edited by les37b

Hi Les - I'd love to see the final version. email is emtbsam at yahoo dot com.

Thanks so much.

No problem

I will do when I get home. (No access to emails apart from between 12 and 2 at work!)

Hope you enjoy.

Les, that was great! Thanks for sharing. Glad to have been a part of the effort.

Glad you enjoyed.... and thank you!

Seems there is a problem with the link when using a device that cant play flash. (ie an iphone or ipad) So anyone having problems, try a PC or Mac. It should play without problems.... remember to enlarge to full screen too.

Les, that was great! Thanks for sharing. Glad to have been a part of the effort.

YES!! YES!! Agree strongly with J.P. and appreciate your great efforts in putting together this book of various pictures of both the Cloud and Wind in wonderful, scenic location. Nice!! Glad to have been able to share a few of my visuals. Glad all of the "technical" issues worked out OK.

In an e-mail back to me, Les shared more and asked a good question of me. Thought that I would post and respond here. Les asked/said: "What are you latest cruise plans? After our next (in 2 months) I'm really unsure for the future. The price we paid for this one is extraordinary good value. With the $£ exchange rates now, the hikes in cruise fares has become very noticeable."

UPCOMING?: In late February, we are doing a 15-day Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco sailing that goes through the Panama Canal and will give us our first visits in Colombia, Central American and Mexico. Plus, seeing the musical “Hamilton” in the Golden Gate City after the end of our cruise. In mid June, we are doing an 11-day Lisbon to Rouen sailing on the Silver Spirit that has lots of great stops in Portugal, Spain and France. That includes much, in-depth, for Bordeaux and Brittany. Then, in just over a year from now, we will be starting in Hong Kong, then doing Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City before boarding a seven-day Mekong River cruise up through Vietnam and Cambodia. This early 2018 SE Asia adventure will finish with time in Angkor Wat and then going by air to northern Laos and Bangkok. From those experienced in these areas we will be visiting for the first time, I look forward to any insights, tips, suggestions and special “secrets”.

My bottom line is to keep exploring, learning and enjoying the world. That's a key plus and reason for doing such cruises and the trips before and after the sailings. Hope things work for Les' continued good travels.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 165,654 views for this posting.

Thanks Terry, I'm envious! I'd like all of those particularly the SE Asia and Panama Canal ones.

I'm afraid I have no tips for you. I've never sailed through the Panama Canal and my adventures in SE Asia dont stretch up to Cambodia or Vietnam. I have been on the Mekong though! Tips? Dont drink the Mekong Whisky! It'll give you a hangover! lol

I really have no idea what our plans will be. I do have the possible opportunity of a short sampler on Silver Muse which I will do if it comes off. Apart from that, i'll simply be keeping my eyes open. SS have certainly hiked their prices since theyve gone super all inclusive and to be honest, they are too much. I'd always organise my own trips so paying up front for SS trips (at inflated prices) is not palatable. But there are always deals!! If a similar deal come up for what we've paid by our next one, I'd book in a heartbeat.

And I'm not adverse for trying other lines..... though I wont be rushing back with Carnival.