Amsterdam docking question

P&O SUE

Well that wasn't what I was expecting! [emoji4] I guess you had different conditions each time.

We made it on Azura last October but we had exceptionally calm weather. I've chosen Oceana because I thought there would be a slighty better chance than Ventura and because we've never been on her before!

Either way, won't be too gutted, it will be a nice little break[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well to anyone saying hang on for cheaper fares I booked this one for £299 (just an inside) but the same cruise this year - the cheapest inside cabin is now going at £549!! It is half term to be fair and mine is one week earlier but I know I saw it for £399 not so long ago!

Well chuffed :D

Thank you Florry, I won't expect it then it might be a nice surprise [emoji4]

Arcadia is best as it has those Assy Wotsit pod things which makes holding position easier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all

We are on Oceana next New Years Eve and due to overnight in Amsterdam, if she can't get into the central Amsterdam port would anyone know how far out she docks.

Thanks

Hi there is only the one dock as far as I know. I know people have been sent to Rotterdam before and recently they went to Le Havre instead! So be aware

Hi all

We are on Oceana next New Years Eve and due to overnight in Amsterdam, if she can't get into the central Amsterdam port would anyone know how far out she docks.

Thanks

If the ship is unable to enter the canal, usually due to high winds, then it is unlikely to dock anywhere else. Expect to spend the day cruising up and down the channel.

Brian

:(

Been to Le Havre a couple of times now and going again with Royal Caribbean (or Paris as they call it :D) on a cruise in October so wouldn't be keen on that particularly.

I notice that there is another Port at the entrance to the estuary called Felison. I'm guessing then that that isn't a back up if weather is bad?

It would be disappointing to miss out on Amsterdam but I guess its in the hands of mother nature!

Oh well, we are still really looking forward to our first P & O cruise.

When we did an Amsterdam New Year on Oceana we 'docked' in the North Sea.

If there are high winds it is difficult for a cruise ship to navigate the canal to Amsterdam, therefore the itinerary is at some risk of change for any Amsterdam sailing.

Yes I'm aware it's risky but as we've been to Amsterdam before we're not TOO worried but it would be nice if we did make it!