St Lucia docking area?

Claire yorkshire

We have previously docked in St Lucia at the side of the cruise terminal near the duty free shops and excellent bars. As some people are joining the cruise in St Lucia, does anyone know if the Britannia will still dock at the same place?

Hi Claire

In our experience at St Lucia, we have tendered once, docked near main cruise terminal once, and docked 'karaoke' side twice :D As there are duty free shops on both sides of the port, I wonder which duty free shops you mean. I think the main cruise terminal has the best choice of duty free shops but I can't know for sure as I don't shop.

We have previously docked in St Lucia at the side of the cruise terminal near the duty free shops and excellent bars. As some people are joining the cruise in St Lucia, does anyone know if the Britannia will still dock at the same place?

There are 2 docks in Castries, St Lucia - the normal dock which is called Point Seraphine with the bars and shops. Typically P&O use this dock but occasionally use the Town Dock which is about 15 mins walk from PS, there is also a ferry that runs between the 2 for a small charge.

This link will show where the ships are planned to dock but may not be 100% accurate

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/view/cruise-schedules

Thanks for the info, I am hoping that the Britannia is going to dock near the Rum Therapy bar! On that day in St Lucia I am hoping to celebrate a very special birthday and will probably not want to walk along way back to the ship after a couple of drinks if you know what I mean? It looks like there is a Thomson ship in also, but wondered how the new passengers would be processed!

Thanks for the info, I am hoping that the Britannia is going to dock near the Rum Therapy bar! On that day in St Lucia I am hoping to celebrate a very special birthday and will probably not want to walk along way back to the ship after a couple of drinks if you know what I mean? It looks like there is a Thomson ship in also, but wondered how the new passengers would be processed!

We enjoy a little Rum Therapy also! It's located at Pointe Seraphine. The other dock (town side?) is Point Careenage.

I believe that all of us joining the ship that day in St Lucia will have muster in the Live Lounge and then be directed en masse to Run Therapy for your birthday.

Those who are flying out this winter and boarding in St Lucia, which dock have you boarded it? Just so we can buy some duty free? I have only docked at the main one with all the duty free shops, didn't know until recently there was another dock.

Saves buying a bottle at Gatwick and taking it out with you.

Thanks.

Tracey

. Typically P&O use this dock but occasionally use the Town Dock which is about 15 mins walk from PS, there is also a ferry that runs between the 2 for a small charge.

This link will show where the ships are planned to dock but may not be 100% accurate

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/view/cruise-schedules

They seem to be using the town dock more this year. We docked there last year on Oceana and I was hoping we'd be back at Pointe Seraphine this year but a few weeks ago when I checked the St Lucia Port Authority website you gave the link to it showed all the P&O ships as being in town, which is great pity IMO. maybe it's changed??

The ferry doesn't run very late. I think last year it stopped at 4:00

Edited by tartanexile81

They seem to be using the town dock more this year. We docked there last year on Oceana and I was hoping we'd be back at Pointe Seraphine this year but a few weeks ago when I checked the St Lucia Port Authority website you gave the link to it showed all the P&O ships as being in town, which is great pity IMO. maybe it's changed??

The ferry doesn't run very late. I think last year it stopped at 4:00

It looks as though the fly cruises on Britannia and Azura are using Pointe Seraphin but the ad hoc ones like yours are using the Town.

I should imagine that it would be the town one, as new passengers are joining us that day! It's a shame because the ship is so close to the Port Seraphine, think we may have to get a taxi back!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Even though for some of us the cruise starts in St Lucia I don't understand why that would rule out Port Seraphine as the terminal. Is is that immigration can not be undertaken there?

I should imagine that it would be the town one, as new passengers are joining us that day! It's a shame because the ship is so close to the Port Seraphine, think we may have to get a taxi back!

There are no facilities at the town berth for dealing with large numbers of joining passengers. It would have to be on the other side.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Even though for some of us the cruise starts in St Lucia I don't understand why that would rule out Port Seraphine as the terminal. Is is that immigration can not be undertaken there?

When on Britannia in December, we docked at Pointe Seraphine. There were new passengers joining that day, but probably not much more than 400. So it maybe fairly straightforward getting them through immigration. Not like the numbers embarking at Barbados :eek:.

I don't know what your date is but all the Britannia ones I can see on that link are Point Seraphine

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/v...uise-schedules

I don't know what your date is but all the Britannia ones I can see on that link are Point Seraphine

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/v...uise-schedules

The date in St Lucia is 18th February which is indicated as being Port Seraphine. Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that is where we will be.

Edited by SoupPlease

My understanding is the immigration is done as you get off the plane in St Lucia.

When we docked in December on Britannia it was at Pointe Seraphine.

Edited by CCFC

The main and original dock in Castries is the one in the town centre. There are bars and shops in the terminal building. Port Seraphim, about a mile or so out of the centre, was built to accommodate the increasing number of cruise ships coming to the island. There is no terminal building as such as it was built with only visiting cruise ships in mind, but there are bars and shops. P&O ships can berth in either dock. If you tender, you will tender to the main town centre dock.

The main and original dock in Castries is the one in the town centre. There are bars and shops in the terminal building. Port Seraphim, about a mile or so out of the centre, was built to accommodate the increasing number of cruise ships coming to the island. There is no terminal building as such as it was built with only visiting cruise ships in mind, but there are bars and shops. P&O ships can berth in either dock. If you tender, you will tender to the main town centre dock.

So, can I clarify, this means that for passengers flying into St Lucia and who need to check in that day, the ship will need to dock in the main and original dock in Castries, and not the new one with all the bars and shops?

If there are shops in the town centre terminal, then I am sure that we will be able to buy drink from there. If not, there are other ports!!

Tracey

So, can I clarify, this means that for passengers flying into St Lucia and who need to check in that day, the ship will need to dock in the main and original dock in Castries, and not the new one with all the bars and shops?

If there are shops in the town centre terminal, then I am sure that we will be able to buy drink from there. If not, there are other ports!!

Tracey

We docked at the new quay when the new passengers got on, see my picture above.