Britannia Cabin on G deck over Java

E4boy

I booked a cruise in Cabin G405 above Java in April 2016 (we sail later this year). Since I booked P&O have changed the area below the cabin (Java Balcony) to a smoking area. They only did this around September 2016.

Can anyone that has sailed on Britannia since this change give me any feedback on the impact of this please. I have asked to move cabin, but they insist I would have to pay to upgrade as there are no similar cabins away from this area.

I booked a cruise in Cabin G405 above Java in April 2016 (we sail later this year). Since I booked P&O have changed the area below the cabin (Java Balcony) to a smoking area. They only did this around September 2016.

Can anyone that has sailed on Britannia since this change give me any feedback on the impact of this please. I have asked to move cabin, but they insist I would have to pay to upgrade as there are no similar cabins away from this area.

Have not been on Britannia, but if you think you are going to suffer being 2 decks up from the smoking area and you will amost certainly smell it from your cabin balcony, I personally would ask if you could pay a minimal amount to upgrade and point out to P&O that you would not have booked this cabin with the smoking area below if you had you known. You never know they may be reasonable.

I personally hate being anywhere near the smoking area and could not cope with this myself, so would pay to upgrade which is unfortunate.

All the best.

G Deck is directly above the smoking area. The upgrade price is over £700. I have already asked nicely, then complained. They are not bothered if I cancel as my agent says the Canbin I have is already wait listed.

I would not be happy and it's poor customer service from P&O so I personally would pursue this.

A polite but firm email to the MD might help. Say you are not looking for an upgrade as such, you just want what you booked, a midship balcony away from any smoking areas. His email is

david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI,

I stayed in G405 October 2016, I had the same issue re smoking. At the time of my booking and sailing the PO website said smoking was outside glasshouse area, I complained while at Sea and upon return that they were providing misinformation on their web site and a few weeks later they changed it to say smoking outside JAVA.

I will advise that G405 suffers from a consistent noise from some sort of extractor fan 24hrs a day, I complained about this also and after approx. 6 days we were moved to a cabin near the aft which the previous occupant's had moved from due to noise issue from the live lounge. The noise from the live lounge was not half as bad as the constant noise from the fan/extractor.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought you should know.

If you can move your cabin, G deck has issue in a few places.

Cabins above Glasshouse are quieter I checked it out while on board and no smoking October 2016 also

Hi again,

Just to say that when we were moved we got a cabin without a settee just a chair there is not a lot of difference, See if you can get a JB grade cabin above Glass house good view no obstruction from G432 through to G414

You may also find noise/chatter/laughter late at night, when people congregate at the end of a fun-filled evening. Don't misunderstand me, I wouldn't have a problem with noise, just smell. I think P&O have missed the point here; you would not have booked that cabin had you been aware of the impending change of smoking area. It is a very badly-located. I would seriously consider moving cabins; P&O are remiss in preventing you from doing so at no extra cost.

G Deck is directly above the smoking area. The upgrade price is over £700. I have already asked nicely, then complained. They are not bothered if I cancel as my agent says the Canbin I have is already wait listed.

Those cabins above Java are popular as they are obstructed view but actually are some of the few cabins where you can look down at the sea without lifeboats and tenders obstructing. If the smoking is more important you then perhaps you could ask for one of the other obstructed view cabins.