Supper Club in The Garden Lounge Queen Elizabeth

Host Hattie

I noticed this while I was checking the dining options for another thread.

Has anyone any experience of the Supper Club ?

The Garden Lounge - in the evening for live music, dining and dancing under the stars at the occasional ‘Supper Clubs’.

From here - Where can I dine on board ?

Since 2011 I've done trips to the Canaries, western Mediterranean and Baltics on the Queen Elizabeth and I'm pretty sure that I have never seen anything advertised in the Garden Lounge during the evening other than the occasional recital. I do, however, remember "supper clubs" being advertised in Cunard's marketing. I think the introduction on a seemingly permanent basis of the TV screens throughout that room has ruined the atmosphere. I can understand the use of them during big events like the Olympics or Wimbledon, but we were on in September and they were just being used to show football (which can be seen in the pub and is the reason we rarely visit the pub on any Cunard ship as we don't like pubs with big screen TVs - that and we're wedded to the Commodore Club!).

Cunard's marketing does seem to be out of step with the reality of the offering on its ships sometimes: they were advertising "Asado" (South American grilled meat and fish) as one of the Lido evening alternatives on QE long after it ceased to be part of the schedule as apparently it wasn't very popular. That was a real shame as I still think it's the best of the alternatives I've tried (which include the Mexican, Indian and pan-Asian options too).