Which terminal

louthebowler

We haven't sailed with p and o from Southampton and I am struggling to find the information for which terminal will be used.

We are sailing on Azura 2nd April, but with Ventura and Britannia also sailing that date I want to be sure which terminal so I can decide on parking. We are travelling from the Wirral and the coach is going to be too costly as we are travelling with daughter and grandson so we will drive down instead but as I'm weighing up the parking options I realise with three ships in it may be busy parking at the port, so looking also at parking elsewhere.

If you park with CPS you can turn up at the appropriate terminal and the staff will park your car at the appropriate terminal for your return wherever that is. It is not the cheapest parking but I believe it to be the best. Hotel parking is another option with taxi shuttles.

Regards John

If you park with CPS you can turn up at the appropriate terminal and the staff will park your car at the appropriate terminal for your return wherever that is. It is not the cheapest parking but I believe it to be the best. Hotel parking is another option with taxi shuttles.

Regards John

Parking4cruises will probably offer the same drop off at one terminal and return to another. They offer a similar valet service to CPS at lower prices and get very good reviews.

Thanks for that information. Does it get busy when there are three ships in?

We have been at Fort Lauderdale when there were 5 or 6 ships in and there were no problems, I'm hoping it will be the same in Southampton, but with maybe less porters diving onto our luggage for the tips!!

Thanks for that information. Does it get busy when there are three ships in?

We have been at Fort Lauderdale when there were 5 or 6 ships in and there were no problems, I'm hoping it will be the same in Southampton, but with maybe less porters diving onto our luggage for the tips!!

In my experience porters don't help with luggage at Southampton, or maybe they don't bother with us because we are that bit younger than many and don't have any mobility issues. All the luggage is removed from the ship to a massive shed (baggage hall). It is supposedly grouped by deck, but items do end up in the wrong place. You just look for your cases, grab them and march off to the little office where you hand over your car parking receipt (this is if you've parked with CPS), who then return your keys and direct you to your car (usually parked fairly nearby).

On our last two cruises, one returning today and the other before Christmas we had no trouble finding a porter. For us they are well worth the tip we give them. Today we returned to the Mayflower Terminal and in December to the Ocean Terminal.

In all our cruises we have had help from porters. You only have to ask. They are quite good at finding luggage as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app