Tours from Reykjavik

Check out Guide to Iceland website - they list all operators and are good at making recommendations and putting something together for you. I'm off to Iceland in 7 weeks (not via a cruise) and they've been great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Consider if you are ok with a large tour bus with 50+ people, or want a smaller van sized group. There are several options for either. We've used Goecco twice and liked them.

The Blue Lagoon does not need a tour. You can get on their website to book a time, and there is an option for transportation there and back. Spots book weeks in advance, so plan accordingly. FWIW, we did an in water massage there, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

http://www.bluelagoon.com

http://www.bluelagoon.com/transportation-schedule/

We are also in Reykjavik for a few days prior to boarding our ship in July.

We have booked the Golden Circle and also the Snæfellsnes Peninsula Tours....is there any tour we could do on our first day for less than the usual 8 hours... four hours would be perfect ??

Last September we toured the Golden Circle with geoiceland as they didn't require a deposit upfront. They did a very nice job but having driven ourselves to the same spots 11 years earlier, we were horrified at how crowded those attractions are now.

• 3 months later...
Can you please advise... does the Blue Lagoon area have a sulphur or other strong odor?? I am an asthmatic and it all has a pretty drastic affect on me...

I was there in March..... you can't get cleaner air! I didn't notice any smells at all! Blue Lagoon is also man made so no sulphur smells.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm coming to Reykjavik on Princess Cruise ship. Does anyone know if Golden Circle Tours or any tour company's will be at the ports when the ships arrive so you can book the tour on the spot or do all tours have to be prearranged ?

Edited by queeniy1

I'm coming to Reykjavik on Princess Cruise ship. Does anyone know if Golden Circle Tours or any tour company's will be at the ports when the ships arrive so you can book the tour on the spot or do all tours have to be prearranged ?

I assume you are going to be berthed in the modern Cruise Terminal rather than the old harbour.

My recollection is that tours can be bought at the tourist office / gift shop which is at the entrance to the terminal.

You would probably also be able to pick up an independent tour from the Car Park on the land side of the terminal building although I don't recall any one openly advertising their wares there -- you would need to ask one of the minibus operators as they arrived to meet their party. The company I had pre-booked with did not take any money until we got into their bus and I am fairly sure he took on a couple of people who had not pre-booked.

If you are at the Old Harbour there are ( or at least were a few years back) a couple of independents there openly advertising their wares.

Consider if you are ok with a large tour bus with 50+ people, or want a smaller van sized group. There are several options for either. We've used Goecco twice and liked them.

The Blue Lagoon does not need a tour. You can get on their website to book a time, and there is an option for transportation there and back. Spots book weeks in advance, so plan accordingly. FWIW, we did an in water massage there, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

http://www.bluelagoon.com

http://www.bluelagoon.com/transportation-schedule/

In looking at the transportation, do you know what is the pick up point for cruise ships?