Halloween on the crossing

vandrefalk

Question for those of you who have done the fall crossing before -- when Halloween occurs on the crossing (as it will this fall), do the crew dress in costume? The guests? Just curious!

Vandrefalk

Yes and yes, some do.

There's a little competion too but the "Jim Avery" lookalike always wins !

Thinking of entering Lady V ?

Hi Karen. Just a thought but y'all could all dress like Ho-Hum for Halloween. Now that would be scary!:D

A ship load (a SHIP LOAD Jim, please read it more carefully, we are not at "The Ronald Reagan Memorial Gun Club" now) ......... A ship load of Hums !

Truly a ghastly scenario !

The ladies would be driven crazy !

Runnning, screaming, hither and thither ......... for the lifeboats !!!

Haha

The last time I checked, Jim was shopping at the Big and Tall Girls

Boutique in Las Vegas and shipping the goods to Hum's manse

wrapped in brown paper.

Does that give you a hint of his Halloween attire? Good God, will

trick or treat ever be the same! :)

The things we do for Mr. Hum. Can you just imagine what I had to go through? "I'm buying these for a friend"......"Sure you are"......"No really this English country Baron"........"Oh well, that explains it"......."Want to add a greeting card?":eek: I tried to tell him in an earlier post that pantsuits are better for his "shape". :D

Yes and yes, some do.

There's a little competion too but the "Jim Avery" lookalike always wins !

Thinking of entering Lady V ?

Perhaps -- we'll see.

No, Jim -- I could never aspire to dress like Hum -- t'wouldn't be proper! However, I can report back to you on the success of your shopping for him :D

Vandrefalk

Perhaps -- we'll see.

No, Jim -- I could never aspire to dress like Hum -- t'wouldn't be proper! However, I can report back to you on the success of your shopping for him :D

Vandrefalk

I know we can count on you Karen for fair and balanced reporting (maybe with pictures) of the festivities and King Hum.:D

• 1 month later...
Question for those of you who have done the fall crossing before -- when Halloween occurs on the crossing (as it will this fall), do the crew dress in costume? The guests? Just curious!

Vandrefalk

I just saw this posting, and I must say that Halloween is one of my wife's favorite holidays, and she has costumed on every crossing that we have done over Halloween. And she will do on this year also. She will force me to do so also, :(and although I don't have a good "Hum" costume, I do have something that might work. But no promises on it resembling Mr. Hum, but then nothing would do him justice.

As for the crew, Jeff wore a mask on a crossing that we had with him, and on several years, the various crew departments had a "Jack-O-Lantern" decorating contest that was placed outside of the lounge.

Well, sadly, it seems likely we will miss the crossing :-(

Hurricane Matthew has caused us to cancel our France river cruise. We are still homeless (in ATL currently) and will likely relocate to JAX the remainder of the week. House appears to be ok but yard is a disaster. So crossing appears not doable. So disappointed -- looking forward to good company -- good trivia -- and good costumes ( we were coming as ourselves --figure it out :-)

Also have a present for Blondie but will have to get it to her later!

So, life now and then sucks, but it does go on!

Vandrefalk

Well, sadly, it seems likely we will miss the crossing :-(

Hurricane Matthew has caused us to cancel our France river cruise. We are still homeless (in ATL currently) and will likely relocate to JAX the remainder of the week. House appears to be ok but yard is a disaster. So crossing appears not doable. So disappointed -- looking forward to good company -- good trivia -- and good costumes ( we were coming as ourselves --figure it out :-)

Also have a present for Blondie but will have to get it to her later!

So, life now and then sucks, but it does go on!

Vandrefalk

What can we say ?

So very sorry for you both.

Please keep us updated here or privately.

What rotten luck.

Love to you both.