Dress Code on QM2 for ladies

Tillybud

Cocktail Dresses are mentioned for formal dining but I would like to know if smart black trousers with appropriate evening tops would be allowable? Can anyone help who has recently sailed on QM2?

I've plucked this photograph from my cruise blog just for you Tilly...

31647844751_7887b58432_z.jpg

It was taken at the World Club Cocktail Party two months ago.

You can see the full article here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

Hey hey, that would definitely be appropriate.

I mostly wore dresses but a smart pair of trousers is just as good!

If you wanna see what I wore here ya go: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/08/cunard-dress-code-what-to-wear/ :)

Have a fabulous time! I found the whole thing to be really fancy... the informal nights were more formal than I'd ever dress in my normal life but I still had a really good time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cocktail Dresses are mentioned for formal dining but I would like to know if smart black trousers with appropriate evening tops would be allowable? Can anyone help who has recently sailed on QM2?

There is that word again "Smart" as in "Smart Trousers or Smart Casual" Can someone explain to me the difference between "Smart and Stupid" trousers or casual wear?

So if I wear long gowns on formal nights will I have company. I enjoy dressing up and don't, personally, consider a cocktail dress or dress pants to be formal. That's what I would wear on the not-formal nights. I feel like there are mixed messages about dress code and what people actually wear.

So if I wear long gowns on formal nights will I have company. I enjoy dressing up and don't, personally, consider a cocktail dress or dress pants to be formal. That's what I would wear on the not-formal nights. I feel like there are mixed messages about dress code and what people actually wear.

Absolutely - you will have lots of company.

I've plucked this photograph from my cruise blog just for you Tilly...

31647844751_7887b58432_z.jpg

It was taken at the World Club Cocktail Party two months ago.

You can see the full article here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

When I saw this picture previously I thought it was from an informal evening. I'll just have to go back an reread the blog!:)

When I saw this picture previously I thought it was from an informal evening. I'll just have to go back an reread the blog!:)

Yes I would have thought the photo shows an informal dress code.I suspect there will be lots of long gowns. Anyway we'll have fun dressing up!

The only passengers in that photo are the couple in the middle...in case anyone was wondering...

Yes, but the Officer is not wearing the usual formal attire they wear - bow tie.

What about the men sat down to the right of the photo? They look like passengers.:)

Good spot. Informal. Jackets only.