New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Since your cruise is so far out, it may be a while before your roll call gets busy. I've also heard of & seen roll calls on face book. You could try there. Until then, you've got lots of time to get info to get ready to cruise!

I just got back from Southern cruise on the Fascination we had a M&G planned but I was called down to Guest Services because I was one of three who updated their registration with my cabin #. Without your cabin number they have no way of sending your reservation, this is what we were told, fortunately i made a copy of everyone attending they sent it to the main office and found out from their forum name the cabin they were staying and sent them a reservation, A lot of work but if everyone would put their cabin number when they register the M&G may turn out better. IMHO

We had a cruise critic meet and mingle on the Magic Dec 10th on the 1st sea day. We had over 125 people sign up and only about 20 people showed up. There were no snacks or anything provided but a couple carnival magic reps and the cruise director showed up. They took our photo and gave us each a photo.

We had a cruise critic meet and mingle on the Magic Dec 10th on the 1st sea day. We had over 125 people sign up and only about 20 people showed up. There were no snacks or anything provided but a couple carnival magic reps and the cruise director showed up. They took our photo and gave us each a photo.

I guess every ship is different we had pastries, cookies, coffee and juices 27 people signed up but about 16 showed up we also had a group photo with our cruise director and guest services rep. we had a great time

• 4 weeks later...
My cruise on Feb 19th on the Sunshine isn't an option. Feb 11th & 24th is listed but not mine. Hmm.

RCI does good at meet and mingles but CCL has never recognized CC members.

Did you read my post above? If your cruise is not for 7 days or longer, there is no official M&G.

Enjoy your cruise!

I guess there is no official meet N mingle for my upcoming Spring Break cruise (Mar 13) on the Triumph because when I tried to scroll down the list of ships, Triumph wasn't even listed. Huh.

Carnival Triumph does not have any 7+ day itineraries. Meet & Mingle is only available on 7+ day itineraries.

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed on the Glory last November. They never sent an invitation to the Meet & Mingle, but scheduled it for the LAST sea day, right before early seating dinner. It was in the Fun Times; you just had to notice it. The cruise director and activity director showed up, but only a few people who had registered (not surprisingly.) We had pre-planned a get-together a cabin crawl on our own for the first sea day that was much better attended, but I was disappointed in Carnival's treatment of the people who had signed up. The Meet & Mingle should be on the first sea day, and people should be invited.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an invitation to the M&M on our March 11 Vista cruise. It was held on the first sea day at 9 AM, which was in reality 8 AM since Daylight Savings Time took place the night before. I'm sure that's why only 7 people out of 166 showed up. The department heads and CD were there and they had a continental breakfast set up for us.

We got an email that our meet and mingle would happen on the Fascination for the week of March 19th and that we would receive an invitation delivered to our stateroom. We never received an invitation nor did we see anything in the Fun Times. Maybe I just missed seeing it in Fun Times, but I am sure we didn't receive an invitation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone to the meet and Greet on Norwegian and they have being fantastic you are right about Carnival not sure why they don't want to participate with CC maybe we need to do a better job with them, they don't need to give out prizes just show up and talk with us that's all. I will return to Carnival this fall after 2 Norwegian back to back and I hope we have a Meet and Greet they are always fun to do.

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura

Just did it. It said there are only 4 of us signed up for the May 6, Glory Sailing. I signed up a month or two ago the old way, and it showed our numbers were like in the thirties.

Just off Dream (04-16-2017 sailing) We had over 200 folks registered for the M&M............and nearly 80 showed up. The team on Dream did a nice job............... invitations were delivered to all 'participating' cabins the evening before with time / location (First full sea-day, 1 PM) M&M was also listed in the 'print' FunTimes, but not included on the Hub App. Cruise Director Chris (the Flyin Scotsman) attended, and also had a Carnival Pixels photographer take a group photo (which I've so far been unable to post on Cruise Critic for some reason) 8x10 prints of the group photo were made available to everyone who attended.....if they just went to Pixels and requested one. By far the largest M&M registration count and attendance for an M&M we've been a part of. On Splendor last year, there were multiple high-level members of the ship's Staff that attended........but they did not do as good a job on notifying attendees of the place/time, so fewer folks showed up. It was a treat getting to share a 'hello' with folks we had been communicating with online (here and in other places that will not be mentioned)

• 2 weeks later...

Of note, we came off of the Sunshine on 04/23. Quite a lot of people signed up on the M&M, but there was never anything in the FT to show when/where it would be held. Many of us on a FB group ended up setting up our own thing. Not sure how it slipped through ... maybe the kinks haven't all been worked out yet ... maybe it's just another thing w/ the Sunshine that "they don't have to offer" so they didn't. *Shoulder shrug*