QM2 deck 10

arzier

I have just read a review which says that between stairwell B and C there is a lot of vibration in the cabins. We are due to board QM2 in Dubai in April and have a midship cabin on deck 10.

Could anyone please give me their experiences....good or not so good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you cruiseluvva for your positive reply.

We obviously expect some noise/ vibrations after all will be on a very large liner but the review I read stated that the vibrations were unbearable! Maybe the reviewer is sensitive to vibrations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never experienced any vibration on Deck 10. As I mentioned in an earlier thread there can be considerable motion felt forward in a rough sea, but as you are midships you should feel little if any motion.

Our first crossing on the QM2 was in a midships stateroom on Deck 10 and the thing that was most annoying at first was the complete absence of vibration, noise and motion for the entire six nights (as it was then). Several times I woke up in the night wondering why the ship wasn't moving. It took me a few nights to get used to this much silence and stability which I had never experienced on any other ship.

I was in a QM2 cabin on Deck 11, starboard side, between C and D stairs (nearer D) in Nov/Dec '16 and not once did I feel vibrations in the cabin.

I've had cabins on decks 4,5,6 (many times), 9 (once), and 11 (three times) and I've yet to feel more than very slight vibrations in any cabin.

Hope this helps :) ,

Have a wonderful time on board.

Edited by pepperrn

On QM 2 as she is know as now.. what a great Ocean worthy Liner!

If people want a Nantucket sleigh ride this is not the vessel to board. Every time aboard it has been quiet.

Even a balcony near the magnificent Library aboard I booked a Balcony for my in-laws which they appreciated and not a peep as they get queezy easily. My sea-legs I obtained whilst a young lad and still have them. One time my MIL did become a little colored.. in an inside cabin as thats all which were available on that cruise.

With the new refurbishments and adding a few revenue producing cabins .. did youall know on any of these larger tonnage ships having your cabin(s) nearest amidships and lower decks is best?

What ever you choose may your voyage be well and not many swells!

the only QM2 vibration issue was in DEC 2013 on our canaries cruise

i had a fairly aft sheltered balcony cabin starboard side on deck 4 and there was a very annoying ''buzz'' which i gather was a pod issue.

I got moved after a day or 2 to deck 5 port side midships and it was bliss