QM2 Auction

balf

Just got e mail re auction of items after the remastering.

http://www.queenmary2remastered-auction.com/lite-ui/#lots?category=All%20Lots

DAVID.

Thanks for the link. I would not have know about this auction otherwise. The auction just completed a few minutes ago and yours truly managed to win one of the pieces of artwork. Not being an art aficionado, I'm sure I ended up paying considerably more than its intrinsic value as a work of art. But I suppose it does carry a certain cachet from having been on the QM2. And certainly the money will be going to a good cause.

Regards,

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you been contacted about shipping the item that you purchased? I purchased two of the QM2 desk chairs and have not been contacted. I have sent two message to the auction site, but haven't received a reply.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

Have you been contacted about shipping the item that you purchased? I purchased two of the QM2 desk chairs and have not been contacted. I have sent two message to the auction site, but haven't received a reply.

Thanks,

Chuck

I just received my auction item earlier today, shipped from the UK via DHL Express. I originally sent an email message to "cunard.auction@psp-logistics.com" as mentioned in the auction FAQ to enquire about shipping arrangements, but that email bounced back as undeliverable. I then phoned PSP Worldwide Logistics at the number listed in the auction FAQ and was advised to email "operations@psp-logistics.com" instead. That email address worked and I was able to get a shipping quote that way. To actually pay for the shipping required another phone call to PSP Worldwide Logistics to provide my credit card information. After that, my item was shipped promptly.

Regards,

John

I just received my auction item earlier today, shipped from the UK via DHL Express. I originally sent an email message to "cunard.auction@psp-logistics.com" as mentioned in the auction FAQ to enquire about shipping arrangements, but that email bounced back as undeliverable. I then phoned PSP Worldwide Logistics at the number listed in the auction FAQ and was advised to email "operations@psp-logistics.com" instead. That email address worked and I was able to get a shipping quote that way. To actually pay for the shipping required another phone call to PSP Worldwide Logistics to provide my credit card information. After that, my item was shipped promptly.

Regards,

John

Congrats John! BTW, did your purchase include copyrights to the artwork (if it was an original artwork))

Regards

Salacia

Congrats John! BTW, did your purchase include copyrights to the artwork (if it was an original artwork))

Regards

Salacia

Thanks, Salacia. I don't think my purchase included copyrights to the artwork. According to the auction's Terms and Conditions

Cunard transfers to the buyer the items with full title.

However, the Terms and Conditions also state

All Images are subject to copyright of the artist.

Although I am not entirely clear whether "Images" in this context refers only to the images displayed in the auction's item descriptions or also to the actual artwork itself. These particular Terms and Conditions appear under a heading of "Item Descriptions".

The full Terms and Conditions for the auction can be found here.

http://www.queenmary2remastered-auction.com/lite-ui/#guest/terms?back=register

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble
here.

Regards,

John

Hi,

Thank you very much for this information. I will send an email to the address that you provided.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

Thank you very much for this information. I will send an email to the address that you provided.

Thanks,

Chuck

You're welcome, Chuck. One other detail -- be prepared to provide PSP Worldwide Logistics with a receipt showing that you have paid for your purchases. In my case, they accepted the "Payment confirmation" email that was sent to me by the auction site as that receipt.

Regards,

John

Thanks, Salacia. I don't think my purchase included copyrights to the artwork. According to the auction's Terms and Conditions

Although I am not entirely clear whether "Images" in this context refers only to the images displayed in the auction's item descriptions or also to the actual artwork itself. These particular Terms and Conditions appear under a heading of "Item Descriptions".

http://www.queenmary2remastered

http://www.queenmary2remastered

Hi, Salacia. It looks like this reply of yours has ended up being only a truncated quote of my earlier reply. I would be very interested to hear your additional insights on this topic if you would like to give it another go. Thanks.

Regards,

John

Hi, Salacia. It looks like this reply of yours has ended up being only a truncated quote of my earlier reply. I would be very interested to hear your additional insights on this topic if you would like to give it another go. Thanks.

Regards,

John

Hi John. I'm not an attorney, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night. :D

Here in the US (and my understanding is that this is also applies in the UK), the sale of original artwork does not automatically included the copyright, the artist must agree to transferring the copyright. That seems to indicate that you'd need to have something in writing from the artist or his/her representative to that effect.

"...Q. When I sell my work, does the buyer have the right to copy it or take and sell photos or prints of it?

A. No. Selling a painting, sculpture, or other artwork is a sale of the object only. The sale does not convey copyrights, unless you specifically agree to do that. This means the person who buys your work has no right to make copies of your work or even to adapt it into another form. For example, the buyer of a painting cannot photograph your work or make posters of it and sell the photos or the posters. The buyer of a sculpture cannot copy it to make molded versions of the sculpture, whether they be simulations or plastic, miniaturized versions of the sculpture. Only you as owner and author of the copyrights can do that. You do not need a contract with the buyers to retain these rights. And if you find that one of your buyers has reproduced or adapted your work without your permission, you are entitled to sue him or her for copyright infringement." copied from http://www.slowart.com/articles/copy.htm

Hi John. I'm not an attorney, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night. :D

Here in the US (and my understanding is that this is also applies in the UK), the sale of original artwork does not automatically included the copyright, the artist must agree to transferring the copyright. That seems to indicate that you'd need to have something in writing from the artist or his/her representative to that effect.

"...Q. When I sell my work, does the buyer have the right to copy it or take and sell photos or prints of it?

A. No. Selling a painting, sculpture, or other artwork is a sale of the object only. The sale does not convey copyrights, unless you specifically agree to do that. This means the person who buys your work has no right to make copies of your work or even to adapt it into another form. For example, the buyer of a painting cannot photograph your work or make posters of it and sell the photos or the posters. The buyer of a sculpture cannot copy it to make molded versions of the sculpture, whether they be simulations or plastic, miniaturized versions of the sculpture. Only you as owner and author of the copyrights can do that. You do not need a contract with the buyers to retain these rights. And if you find that one of your buyers has reproduced or adapted your work without your permission, you are entitled to sue him or her for copyright infringement." copied from http://www.slowart.com/articles/copy.htm

Thanks, Salacia. Nothing in the auction's Terms and Conditions specifically conveys any copyrights to the buyers of the Cunard artwork sold in the auction, so the situation with regard to copyright would appear to be as you have indicated here. I only intend to display the artwork I purchased within our home, so the issue of copyright shouldn't matter in my case. But it is worthwhile having that clarified at any rate, so thanks for that.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the additional information. I haven't yet received a reply from PSP, but it is the weekend. The auction site required me to purchase the two chairs in separate transactions. Thus, I received two identical confirmation messages. I can also send a copy of my credit card statement to show that I was charged twice.

I hope that I am able to make the shipping arrangements quickly. I am flying to Hong Kong on Wednesday to join the QM2 for a short world cruise segment. I would like to make the arrangements before I leave.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Thanks, Salacia. Nothing in the auction's Terms and Conditions specifically conveys any copyrights to the buyers of the Cunard artwork sold in the auction, so the situation with regard to copyright would appear to be as you have indicated here. I only intend to display the artwork I purchased within our home, so the issue of copyright shouldn't matter in my case. But it is worthwhile having that clarified at any rate, so thanks for that.

Regards,

John

You're welcome John. I very much appreciate those who have concerns regarding copyright.

To you and others who have purchased items in this auction: how good of you to support a fine charity, while preserving Cunard memorabilia.

Good Karma :)

Cheers!

Salacia